I wish I knew -Wake Forest short essay

alexis brandon 17 / 44  
The prompt
I wish I knew...

My Essay

Dressed in my Sunday's best I padded down the aisle, mindlessly walking toward my customary seat. Sitting among the mass of Sunday regulars all I heard was booming silence. Looking around, I noticed the steadily moving mouths of the choir and the clapping of the congregation, but I was stagnant. Stationed in my pew, I wrinkled my brow. After countless sermons spanned across seventeen years, I had my first religious question. Not wanting to disturb anyone else, I opened the red leather bound book in front of me in an attempt to quell my inquiring mind. However, after scouring the pages my question was still left unanswered. I was confused. I sat, contemplating this uncertainty until my mother tapped my shoulder, an indication that it was time to leave. Gazing upward to acknowledge her, the words spewed from my mouth, "what is Satan's middle name?"
bananaphone 3 / 6  
Is this your complete essay? The ending seems kind of anticlimactic.
It made me wish I knew why your first religious question was important, why you wanted to know Satan's middle name, and how exactly would knowing the answer affect you?

The prompt might be vague but your response should still demonstrate your intellectual sensitivity and creativity.

Home / Undergraduate / I wish I knew -Wake Forest short essay