'Why I wish to leave my current university' - I am transferrring to Virginia Tech

laysha 1 / -  
Why I wish to leave my current university and transfer to Virginia Tech

I feel that my current college Norfolk State University and its Fashion Merchandising program are not stimulating enough for me. The Program at Norfolk State University doesn't push me to my full potential. I wish to attend a university that will help me to excel outside of the classroom as well as inside, and I know that the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University will do just that. I want to push myself further by going to this University, and enrolling in their apparel product development and merchandising management program. I know that enrolling into Virginia Tech's apparel program would really help me to reach my professional goals, and achieve my academic standards. Also, here at Norfolk State I'm not having the college experience that I desperately crave. I don't feel like I belong. I find myself counting the days until each semester ends. Once I transfer I hope that I will be able to feel welcomed as a new member of the Virginia Tech community. I want to get excited about going back to school after breaks. I want to be proud to be a student at the university, and I want to be happy and enjoy my college career. I know that Virginia Tech is right for me. It's where I want to succeed!
Leah_Writer - / 46 4  
Hi, Alaysha!
I think this is a really good statement, and it's very strong. I especially like the upbeat ending, which really ends this statement on a high note. The one thing I think could make this better is something about the specifics of the program you want to enter and about what your college experience would be like at Virginia Tech. I think it's a great opportunity to show that you've done some research about life at Tech: for example, you could mention clubs or a sorority you're interested in joining, or something else that makes life at Tech unique and different, especially from Norfolk State. Another sentence of detail as to why you think Virginia Tech will be more stimulating than Norfolk State in terms of academics might be good too, if you can fit it into any word count requirements you might have. (You didn't mention any, but sometimes I know they exist for things like this.) Remember, more specific details are always better than generalities. A few specific details would make this really stand out among applicants.

Good luck in your quest to transfer.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Why I wish to leave my current university' - I am transferrring to Virginia Tech