Is a women's college still relevant in 2009

cuddles 3 / 10  
Suggestions, advice, ideas and corrections in any form are welcome...

Also, it's supposed to be 150 words only and I don't know what to cut out from this.suggestions???

When Smith College was founded in 1871, there were few educational opportunities for women. Is a women's college still relevant in 2009? (Limit response to 150 words)

In 1871, there were a few educational opportunities for women around the world. In 2009, many people in my country still see women education as useless.

I spent the seven most memorable years of my school life in a girls' school, followed by two years in a co educational High School. Sure a school where girls and boys are educated side by side may give us a greater knowledge of society due to exposure of perspectives from both sexes. But an all girls' school helps instill in its students the qualities which might otherwise be suppressed in a co-ed school. Besides, a women's college doesn't mean that it is secluded entirely from the male society.

It has been proven that girls and boys learn in different ways. A women's college recognizes these differences and fulfills the immense potential of its students to the fullest. When I was in my co-ed high school I remember yearning so many times to go back to my school where there were no limitations for girls, the class was not boys-dominated, there were no boys distracting and competing and where girls got to run the show.

It is not just because single-sex schools dominate the top of the examination league tables that a women's college is still relevant in today's world. Coming from a country where a lot of people do not even try to understand the importance of women education and empowerment, I don't only think that women's college is still relevant in 2009; I think it is a noble task to be educating women in a superb standard and helping bring out the leaders in them.
nkhattri 6 / 33  
But an all girls' school helps instill in its students the qualities which might otherwise be suppressed in a co-ed school.
- Which qualities? Be more specific, and incorporate it into who you are as a student/person.

Besides, a women's college doesn't mean that it is secluded entirely from the male society.
- State how you will interact with males while going to a women's college

Awomen's college recognizes these differences and fulfills the immense potential of its students to the fullest.
- How ?? By doing what..?

When I was in my co-ed high school I remember yearning so many times to go back to my school where there were no limitations for girls, the class was not boys-dominated, there were no boys distracting and competing and where girls got to run the show

- While I was in co-ed high school classes, I yearned to go back to an all girls school where ... ?

- Don't use contractions in a formal essay.

Home / Undergraduate / Is a women's college still relevant in 2009