Women in maroon BU scrubs; Boston University/ Why BU is a good fit?

imbue 6 / 24  
In no more than 250 words, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission?

As a child, my father spoke often of his dream to save lives and become a surgeon. It was difficult for him as a Chinese immigrant to pass the examinations and to work day and night as the central figure of a newly made family, but with hard work over time, there finally came a day when he came home exhausted but proud, in a pair of scrubs. Over the years, scrubs became a symbol of persistency and achievement to me and I knew that if I worked hard and set my mind to it, I could succeed too. So it wasn't surprising when, after we moved to Boston a few years ago, I had sat at the Reservoir train station one day and noticed a few young women all wearing maroon BU scrubs, then decided in that moment that I wanted to attend Boston University as a step to fulfilling my dreams. Now, nearly four years later, I see the value of an education at BU even more clearly. From Anna Howard Shaw to Marcia Angell, the successful graduates of BU highlight the great history of its biology programs. Recent breakthroughs such as advances in Alzheimer's research show how innovative its programs are now. Boston University's has an exceptional past and present, and I want to be part of its future. I hope that the programs at BU will embrace my passion in medicine and biology, and will help me fulfill my dream of making a difference in others' lives.

Please give me feedback on what you think I can change or fix, and do not be afraid to be blunt!
HarvardAccept - / 57 24  
You talk a lot about how BU has great programs. You do not emphasize the fact that there will be others that are pursuing the same interest as you. Emphasize more outside of the educational aspect and dig deeper into the extracurricular/community aspect of BU. BU is within Boston etc...
tahanw13 5 / 19  
this is excellent. maybe talk more about why you have always wanted to be a doctor, other than the fact that your dad is a doctor

Home / Undergraduate / Women in maroon BU scrubs; Boston University/ Why BU is a good fit?