In 250-300 words, tell us more about you and why you are considering VCU (Transfer Essay)

MadisonM99 1 / 2 2  

Art Education and a minor in Ceramics

Ceramics, an ancient yet still prevalent art form with extreme versatility, from functional ware to purely artistic use, is something to admire. My fascination with ceramics started at a young age, school art projects involving clay were always my favorite, from a functional bowl to a figurine for display, the possibilities were endless and fueled my imagination.

For the longest time, I never realized that clay could be so much more than just a fun art project, it could be the items people bring into their home and use on a daily basis. Your favorite mug you look forward to pouring your morning coffee into each day, or the gorgeous figurine you always fawned over as a child at grandma's house, they hold a special place in your heart, a piece of clay molded into something special. When I learned I could be the one to create these objects that people hold so near and dear to their hearts I knew it was something I wanted to spread to as many people as possible.

As a ceramic teacher at a local studio, I've already started to accomplish that goal, I've seen so many students get the clay bug and get excited to give their creations to others to enjoy. With a degree in Art Education and a minor in Ceramics earned at VCU with its tight nit community of craft artisans and education-based professors, I could greatly expand my ability to touch others as a ceramic teacher across our community and onto others. The ability to teach in a larger setting to many students about the joys and wonders of ceramics and what it can do for them and those around them is a dream I know I could accomplish readily at VCU.
The reviewer will be looking for reasons why you will bea good fit for the VCU student community and teaching style. Neither are properly represented here. You must have the ability to offer a transfer response based on the character fit consideration. However, it must be done without demeaning or undermining your current school. Do you think you can do that? Write a new essay that does not focus on a topic but, on your personality instead. Then, reconsider the reasons why you want to transfer. These are too shallow and lacking in unique reasons. There is no eye-catching reason to justify the transfer. This response does not cut it. It is too ignorable

Home / Undergraduate / In 250-300 words, tell us more about you and why you are considering VCU (Transfer Essay)