My work creations - essay admission for SCAD

ssaa8227 1 / 1 1  
The statement of purpose should be no more the 500 words and should give an overview of the applicant's academic and personal experience, describing preparation for and commitment to further study at SCAD, as well as educational and professional goals and aspirations.

becoming an artist and inspiring others

I remember painting my own room the first time I got it, surely they were all drawings of dinosaurs and cartoon characters, I painted my room even when my parents would yell at me to stop doodling worthless drawings, I thought that those drawings where the start of my path in the arts. I would draw every time in class in my notebook at school, I would draw anything I wanted, I even created a fictional cartoon character of my own, one that I willing to make a cartoon out of it. I know that SCAD is the key school that I need in order to become what I've been dreaming since I was a child. The term "art" is something really mysterious for me, in which anything can become art with diverse styles, techniques, thoughts, and even feelings. I also want to inspire people with my art and works, I want to give them inspiration and a message that no matter what situation someone is in, with enough effort, it is able to be achieved. I like to help others, and to prove that I have been volunteering in a Korean school in Mexico City, to teach korean children born in Mexico who do not know Korean, over 250 hours I have made, and If I had the time, I am willing to keep on going, and never give up. My aspirations to study at SCAD are simple and somehow complex, I wish to become a game designer, or animator, I dream in becoming a designer, let me be honest I do not pursuit popularity, no I do not want to be a famous designer, what I want is to be acknowledged by my people (loved ones), and to be able to help and inspire people.

SInce I was a child, I always attended to art class, not only because it was my duty as a student, but because I just loved to take art classes, when I grew up to be more passionate for art, I started to like old artists drawings, famous artists like Van Gogh, Giovanni Batista, and more. There is a quote from Giovanni Battista Piranesi, one that took my full attention. It stated that if he were to have the opportunity to design a new universe, he would be crazy enough to undertake it. My experiences in art classes also increased my desires in venturing the term of art as my major.

I intend in creating a work in which I can add all my creations, every creation that I have created since I was a child. Just by imagining becoming an artist and inspiring others with my works and projects makes me want to enter SCAD fast and become an artist. And SCAD will help me achieve my goals, aspirations and my dreams. Something that I hope in achieving with SCAD.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@ssaa8227
Hello there! Welcome to the forum. I'm going to provide you with a thorough writing feedback; I hope you find this beneficial for your writing endeavors in the long-run.

First and foremost, your first paragraph is overstretched. You need to incorporate more appropriate punctuation and pauses along the way to make your essay flow smoother. Try to curate shorter and simpler sentences to evade the wrongful use of particular words.

Furthermore, try to use more writing techniques that will merge altogether your thoughts. If you can shorten your description of aspirations, you can save space for substantive writing. Try separating the first paragraph into two shorter ones. Afterwards, omit your current second paragraph.

Best of luck in the application.

Home / Undergraduate / My work creations - essay admission for SCAD