Much of the work that students do at Emerson College is a form of storytelling. College app.

afoltz 1 / 1  
Much of the work that students do at Emerson College is a form of storytelling. If you were to write the story of your life until now, what would you title it and why? Please be brief (100-200 words).

Walls are meant to be a shield from the awful things. Walls are supposed to keep the interior safe from the outside. This interior is supposed to be a safe haven. For many years I have built up a barrier between myself and others around me.

Derričre le mur, is French for behind the wall. I once heard someone say this to describe an artist. This person said that the artist blocked people out. Then once he let someone in, he could truly be himself. This phrase would be the title of my story. I connected so much to the artist in that we have both built barriers to keep people out, whether it was intentional or not.

This barrier may seem like a bad "personality trait" to have, but it's not always bad. It lets me know who really is willing to get to know me, and actually want to be with me. The people are aren't taken aback by this characteristic of mine, and actually want to break down the wall, are the people that I want in my life. Maybe the wall isn't actually a wall at all, maybe it's more of a filter.
BeaTrix 1 / 3  
It may better if you use I have heard someone say this to describe an artist once.

Home / Undergraduate / Much of the work that students do at Emerson College is a form of storytelling. College app.