Working with experts; why am i interested in research?

occean 1 / -  
why am i interested in research? please review.

While my teacher explained about the packing of vascular bundles in plants for the first time, I was overwhelmed by its description and built a model of the packing. Floating proteins attached to lipids defining the boundaries of organelles and cells expanded the imagination. Soon she described ultra structures of muscle cells and neurons. Yet the most inspiring structure is the DNA double helix with its incarnations and multitudes. It is compact, self replicates and morphs facilitating varied needs of the cell-its vehicle. Yet again unusual DNA and RNA structures, four stranded quadraplex structure of small RNA molecules are discovered. The amazing variety of possible application of DNA and other biomolecules opening in biomedicines and other sciences imply pantheon of more ideas to be explored to me.

I am interested in studying the fundamentals of biomolecules, specially DNA and its relationship to genetic sequences that are helping set stage for applied advances in biology, genetic engineering, nanotechnology,and other fields. My other interest is in bionics and biological nanostructures; to study biologically inspired engineering. And apply ideas in fields of science and society.

This fellowship provides me an opportunity to gain an insight into the research field, by working with experts. I wish to derive an experience that provides me with good foothold in my field of interest and guides me in future ventures in research.
ultra structures of

Is this a term I do not know, or is it an error? I don't understand ultra structures...

...more ideas for me to explore.

I think you should mention the specific processes that you want to jump into... what are researchers currently doing in the fields of gen. engineering, bionics, and biological nanostructures? Read some very recent articles, and discuss the projects that are underway. Mention these projects you want to join and also new projects you want to start. Show them that you are making plans and taking action. I'm sorry, though... I'm not smart enough to discuss these subjects of study!! :-)

Home / Undergraduate / Working with experts; why am i interested in research?