Working together to get it done - Kenyon

xblo0x 6 / 8  
Describe an experience when you worked in partnership with others to achieve something you could not have done alone. (300 words)

As we sat in physics my teacher, Dr. Kunar, announced the date of the science fair project. You can do it alone or you can pick a partner, but you have to choose soon. Anna and I gave each other the knowing look and began brainstorming ideas for the project. After a few days we came across a topic we were both interested in, building a model trebuchet.

We started off working on the project on weekends and occasionally afterschool. There was a lot to do right from the beginning: wood had to be cut to the precise measurements, the poster board had to be painted and decorated, and of course for the physics part of it we had to test how far objects of different masses could be flung. At first we were both overwhelmed at the amount of work, but we soon found ways to split it up evenly. Some days I spent cutting wood while Anna did the poster and other days we would switch it up. After all of this was done however, we had to come together to do the testing. Anna would pull the latch on the trebuchet while I would measure the distance. Some nights we had to sleep over at each others houses to get enough work done, but in the end we realized how working together really cut down on time.

On the day of the science fair, I remembered that my teacher had told use we could work alone. I couldn't understand why someone would want to work alone when working with Anna had been such a great experience for me. Working with a partner motivated me to get work done on time and also made the project more enjoyable. In the end, Anna and I won third place in our 2009 school wide science fair.
kode336 1 / 3  
This essay is so good and it also shows feelings between you and your friend so honesly ,and it shows how much you and her are so close to each other ,and also shows that both of you are really true friends. And its really good to read an essay like this.

But I found out the typing mistake you got in this line"I remembered that my teacher had told use we could work alone." The word "use " is wrong and it must be "us"

But in general its really wonderful...
hope that what i wrote was good and in the end " ***** *** "
" Thank you "

Bye

Home / Undergraduate / Working together to get it done - Kenyon