'world-class faculty' - Princeton Engineering Supplement Essay help

DeNeil10 2 / 6  
Hey guys, was wondering if you could critique my supplement essay for Princeton? It's my reach school, and since it's would be in-state I thought I might as well apply. Let me know if you need any more information.

Prompt:

If you are interested in pursuing a B.S.E. (Bachelor of Science in Engineering) degree, please write a 300-500 word essay describing why you are interested in studying engineering, any experiences in or exposure to engineering you have had, and how you think the programs in engineering offered at Princeton suit your particular interests.

Essay:

At a young age, I wondered how a person designed a machine that allowed people to connect with friends sitting thousands of miles away, and, how this machine could perform extremely complex tasks, such as outwitting its own designer at a game of chess. After pondering over such questions for quite some time, I decided I wanted to discover the answers to these questions and seek the knowledge required to design such super computers. The School of Engineering and Applied Science at Princeton University will enable me to do just that.

The world-class faculty available at Princeton will be instrumental in achieving my dream. I hope to one day work with Assistant Professor Rakesh Kumar at the GigaScale Systems Research Center (GSRC). I plan on assisting him with some of his excellent research ideas, such as creating a low power and error-free computer.

I also intend to make use of the research facilities geared towards helping engineering students, available at Princeton. I will utilize centers such as the GSRC to explore projects in system platform design. In recent years, companies like Apple have found ways to build smaller and more efficient computers that perform tasks quicker than their counterparts. Learning how to do this is pivotal for my future as more companies plan on following suit. The GSRC offers students an environment in which ideas like this thrive and become more than just ideas; they become a reality. The resources available at the college's research centers will help me to explore the field and refine my goals.

Princeton will supply me with the necessary tools to excel in the engineering field. With countless world-class research facilities such as the GSRC, Princeton offers an abundance of resources to foster creative minds, making it an ideal place for me to pursue a degree in computer engineering. I plan to utilize the knowledge I will gain at Princeton, by building a smaller, smarter and more efficient computer.
twinklae - / 6  
I think it's good, since it gives out your points in a clear and formal manner. It shows off your talents and experience as well. Good luck! :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'world-class faculty' - Princeton Engineering Supplement Essay help