Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"The world I was headed for is more important" - admission essay

junma314 /  
Describe the environment you come from - for example, your family, community, or school - and how this environment has affected or influenced your plans for the future.

Honestly, I never considered the world I came from to be as important as the world I was headed for. But, as I inched into the big family of the society, I woke up to a reality that environment that we grow up in defines who we are. The good environment, which is conducive to our development, helps mold us into respected people; on the contrary, bad environment may make us unfavorable. In fact, family, which was the first environment I touched, had the most effect on me.

In respect that other relatives live in far away cities, my grandparents, who live with us, and my parents obviously make a full impact on my personalities, dreams and goals.

My grandparents came from one of the syncretic ethnic groups in China---Hui. Have continued ancestor's fine traditions, my grandparents are ebullient and hospitable. When hearing music every time, Grandfather will snap his fingers saying,"Show time!"; then sing along and dance like nobody is around. If a guest came over, Grandma would smile until her small eyes become tiny little splits. Staying with them, I become an extroverted and outgoing girl. Smiling faces and laughter are my great gift from Grandparents and my best calling card to people.

My mother actually is an ordinary woman but in her tiny appearance lie an extraordinary conscientious individuality. Having been a math teacher for twenty-four years, she always sacrificed her own time to answer questions from students even after work or on holidays. Mom told me,"I am passionate about my work. And students are just like my kids; therefore what I need to do is to let my students comprehend all the knowledge through my maximal effort."Hearing those words, I made a promise in heart -- to become a person with a high sense of responsibility in the future.

Instead, my dad has affected my choice to majors and the future job indeed. Dad, who graduated from university at nineteen-years-old, is a great manager. To me, he is a successful modern entrepreneur. Apparently, it was inspirational hearing about his business ventures, discussing about global economy, and reading his economics books. In fact, I just borrowed "Economics" by Joseph Stiglitz from him. Dad has aroused my enthusiasm to dig into the world of economy.

Family undoubtedly shaped my outlook on life. The values passed on to me by my family determined what I want to be and what I want to do. First of all, I need to take a right attitude of life, which is to keep my sunny smiles and opening heart to all the people around me. Then, with a scrupulous and conscientious identity, I want to study subjects on economic and build a required foundation of knowledge of it in order to do jobs related to business.

I do not know if it is a good one.Also, for another school, I need to cut it to 400 words or fewer. Please please please help me !!!!

Thank you soooooooo much!~~~

Home / Undergraduate / "The world I was headed for is more important" - admission essay