Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"My World" and "Physics, Favorite Departement", MIT

sina 3 / 6  
Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why?
Physics has been my favorite subject since the elementary school, and I'd like to be a "Quantum Physicist". I have decided the MIT physics department because it's worthwhile; the high ranking, low student-to-faculty ratio and programs such as SPS have made the department unique.

I always review my lessons by watching Prof. Walter Lewin classes at the "MIT Open Course Ware". I really like his dynamic and engaging lecture style. I have also heard about equipped laboratories and great research opportunities available in the department. I believe all of these are valuable points about MIT physics program.

What attribute of your personality are you most proud of?
Now that I'm writing this essay, it's 2 A.M. and my mother has told me: "you must sleep by 30 minutes!" I have corrected the students' exam papers, updated my weblog, written the math homework, and I feel tired now. These are not the signs of carelessness, but show my busy schedule.

I'm always proud of my hardworking and responsible character. I think I should conclude the task which I'm responsible for; a thorough and comprehensive result is better than some incomplete conclusions. My friends, teachers and family have always trusted me due to these attributes and asked me to help them in their tasks.

I believe that the world is a self-service restaurant; everything is ready and you just need to stand up from your seat and then fill the plate with everything you'd like. But the problem is that, sometimes, we are as lazy as we cannot even stand up! I think I'd be able to choose my favorite things in the world if I'm practical, so I've tried not to be lazy and irresponsible in my life. I also attempt to use the time in the best way, and this the reason of my busy schedule.

My parents believe that my success is due to the "Perfectionism". I want everything to be done in the most perfect way. I learned this from the world's biggest mathematician, Carl Friedrich Gauss, whose motto was "Pauca sed matura"-Few, but ripe-.

Home / Undergraduate / "My World" and "Physics, Favorite Departement", MIT