MY WORLD AT THE TOP OF THE HILL; WHY HAMILTON COLLEGE?

Nabgyamfi 2 / 7  
MY WORLD AT THE TOP OF THE HILL
Climbing the hill may seem like drinking a can of worms to many people but when one is able to break the back of the breast; one finds real freedom and diversity; I was therefore enthused to become a hill climber.

On the Hill, I will not be forced to learn the physics which I always detested; I will probably find myself in a pool of biology, mathematics and chemistry which I have always loved, and in that pool, I will find the skills and knowledge which will lay the path for me to become the Neurosurgeon I want to be. I won't be crowded with people who love biology like me but rather, I will find myself in a small group of people who will greatly interact with one another and share ideas on the same interest.

On the Hill, I will not only see my fellow Ghanians dancing "Adowa, Kpanlogo or Kete" nor only hear my people speaking "Akan or Ewe" but I will experience the real feel of the Samba dance of the Brazilians, the Dragon Dance of the Chinese; hear people speaking Dutch, French, Portuguese and many other languages producing a homogeneously cultural environment where I will bring my rich Ghanaian culture to bare and assimilate the cultures of others.

By the time I descend the Hill, I will be holding an experience that will tell me I am a citizen of every nation, an experience that will make me love my math, biology and chemistry the more, and an experience that will show the true meaning of freedom. As someone who aspires to be a resource for the world, I must be made up of the world. That is why I chose the college on the hill-Hamilton.
routeman 1 / 3  
i can't really figure the metaphor in your essay. you could limit your self to diversity and how it will influence you.
iamnicholas1 10 / 17 1  
I agree with routeman. In order to make this a stronger response, you need to establish what the "hill" is referring to. Is it a mountainous obstacle in your life? If so, say so, and tell Hamilton College why overcoming that obstacle and the eagerness with which you accomplished it has prepared you to accept the mantle that they place on their students.

Home / Undergraduate / MY WORLD AT THE TOP OF THE HILL; WHY HAMILTON COLLEGE?