World of Warcraft; University of Michigan- COMMUNITY

Quorra 1 / 1  
Guys please take a look at my essay, im not very good at writing please understand ><

Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it.

I was hesitant to write about this community that I was previously in, after looking through a few similar essays online. Everyone wrote about their awesome sports team or science club. Here I am, writing about my gaming addiction which is something I'm not very proud of. A couple of years ago I was spending most of my time in the gaming community addicted to a game called World of Warcraft, which has cost me dearly.

Struggling WoW and fighting the ever inflating item prices in the Auction House, I have to put in extra hours of "farming" gold by mining and gathering herbs. There was no end, the game went on and on, and I find it increasingly difficult to keep up with the game. Even when I was on the verge of giving up, the game has kept me hooked. One day I found myself bathing in the glow of the Auction House of WoW, a place where players buy and sell items to one another. My life had changed for the better, my gaming addiction unknowningly became an insatiable curiosity of knowledge. My attention was slowly diverted from WoW, instead of spending hours in game I was reading Economic related books fantasizing on theories that I could apply it in the game. I was still online on a daily basis but eventually WoW no longer became a part of my life. I took up stocking trading during my free time and started to read up on candlesticks charting. I hope to be able to pursue my new found interest in Economics!
joemaxlop 1 / 3  
It is usually a bad idea to speak about you writing the prompt. Focus on the prompt, what is asked? - TO DESCRIBE your community and your role in it.
OP Quorra 1 / 1  
i have revised my essay but still bits and pieces missing here and there.

I was an addict, addicted to a game called World of Warcraft (WoW). I was so enthralled in the fantasy world that it took precedence over the more important things I have to do in life.

However during my addiction, things took an unsuspecting turn. My amazement with the robust mechanics of the Auction House in WoW has spurred my curiosity in the Financial Markets. It pique my research into the "Japanese Candlesticks by Steve Nison". Fascinated by its ingenuity, I eagerly learned the ropes and applied my acquired knowledge in the game. It vastly deepened my seemingly little understanding of the market conditions in WoW, as I seized the opportunity and actively traded on the Auction House. I grew wealthy almost instantaneously and the game became much less of a challenge as I rapidly bashed through the contents. As time passed, I find that my interest had changed. No longer drawn to the beautiful world of WoW, but instead the intricate nature of the Stock Market caught my attention.

I consider myself to be fortunate, not only i escaped from the grasp of gaming addiction. The game that used to keep me in the void has opened my eyes to the dynamic world of economics.

Home / Undergraduate / World of Warcraft; University of Michigan- COMMUNITY