How to write SoP for a Design University

VIVIAN87 1 / 1  
Hi!
I'd would like to write a statement of purpose at Design University. At present I've a B.A degree and I hope I can study Master of Design at Monash Unviersity. My major is visual communication. I'm working print ad, indentify brand, package and I really want to apply Master of Design (coursework). However I don't know how to start a SoP? Can you help me please ?

Thank so much
mystifier 2 / 4  
HI
I would like to help since i have written a purpose for a business plan before. i however am not sure what your statement of purpose would be. I'm under the impression that you are talking about a statement of purpose for the Master in Design program. In this case, you would have to do some soul searching as to why you want to start a master in design. A purpose is usually the reason why you do something. It is the determination that drives you. It is that hidden reason that nobody but you sees and that reason makes you want to achieve or reach new high. I think you first have to do a soul seaching and write down something as to why you want to start something like that. Then we can critique it and try to help make it better.

I hope my answer will help you go further.
Thanks
i have written a purpose for a business plan before

Well, a business plan and an SOP do have similarities, for sure! But an SOP is more like a sales pitch, whereas a business plan is more like a list of things to do and goals to achieve.

You can google this: statement of purpose example
You will get lots of great ideas. Also, search EssayForum for "SOP"

After you read 20 or 30 of them, you will know how you want to write your own. Get inspired. In the same way you developed your own style for design when you got familiar with it, you can have your own style for writing a SOP.

However, in general I want to say I think it is important to show that you have a clearly envisioned plan that includes this particular school to which you are applying, a plan that shows what you want to be doing during the next 5 years or so. By showing that you have a plan, you prove to them that you are a worthy candidate.

Of course, you also have to describe your previous experiences. Lok at some examples of SOP and get started! :-)
OP VIVIAN87 1 / 1  
thanks for your help

Home / Undergraduate / How to write SoP for a Design University