FSU undergraduate essay, writing about the struggles.

austinkline 1 / -  
Hey i'm attempting to write a essay for entrance into FSU. my prompt is as follows:

""For almost one hundred years, the Latin words, "Vires, Artes, Mores" have been the guiding philosophy behind Florida State University. Vires signifies strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual; Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, craft, or art; and Mores refers to character, custom, or tradition. Describe how one or more of the values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life. "" ~FSU Prompt

Would writing about the struggles, and determination towards a MMORPG be a good topic? i could mention how its similar to life in the sense that once you always get cose to something you always find more work to be done. would this be way off topic?
zowzow 10 / 175  
sorry what is MMORPG?

the question itself seems like one of those wider open ones than others i've seen. So the way you're trying to go about - the close to something and find more to be done - could refer to beautiy of intellectual pursuits, or moral/physical/intellectual strenghts

as long as the essay is about yourself and your own life story instead of a very general, generic essay.

Post your draft here and I could be of more help
Video games tend not to have quite the academic cachet that you would normally be aiming for in this sort of essay. Surely you must have real life experiences that demonstrate at least one of the three qualities you are being asked about?

Home / Undergraduate / FSU undergraduate essay, writing about the struggles.