Written introduction to my narrated slideshow - hobbies, why school, key to success, learning style

catherine13 1 / -  
My Hobbies:
I love to study different cultures and have long debates about cultural and philosophical ideas with my friends and family. I'm an avid animal lover. My favorite thing to do is hike in the mountains with my husband and my dogs.

Why I'm going to school:
I am studying for a bachelor's degree in accounting. I have taken on many projects and positions throughout my career that focused on having a background in accounting. I've found I quite like this type of work. Once I've obtained my degree, I hope to help small businesses grow and flourish.

How to be a successful online student:
The key to success for online students is self- motivation. To excel in an online learning environment, students need to manage their time properly. It is important to: read directions in their entirety, ensure you understand what the assignments are, know what is expected of you, and know how to fulfill the class requirements. Communication is important, online classes don't offer the same "in person" exchange as traditional classes. Emailing and participating in discussions is imperative to experiencing the exchange of unique ideas or thoughts for online students.

My type of learning style:
I'm an intuitive and visual learner. I require very little in terms of physical atmosphere. I meticulously rely on outlines, diagrams and association. I tend to experience more difficulty with learning if my content is not clear and conscience. I find note taking in a sequential, specific or "to the point" way helps me immensely, especially when I am able to associate what I'm learning by understanding the practical application and how it fits into the big picture.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know me. I look forward to learning more about everyone in this class.
Hi Catherine. It's lovely to meet you. Your slide show introduction should work very well for you. It is informative and allows the instructor and your classmates to learn the most basic information about you that should help you all get along well. Will you be using any pictures of yourself and your family in this slideshow or is the narrative the slideshow? I am not really sure what it is you would want us to review in your work since it seems to precise and complete at the moment. Although, maybe you can inform the class about the kinds of small businesses you have interacted with already and why you were inspired to help them by becoming an accountant. That seems to be the focal point of your presentation. Can you tell us what exactly you need us to review for you?

Like I said, the essay is fine. Have you practiced the timing on your presentation? I know that each student is allotted only a specific amount of time to present the slides. So make sure that you practice the presentation before your class. If possible, make yourself more friendly by encouraging your classmates to get to know you outside the classroom. Offer to answer any questions they might have about you after the presentation. That should help to further break the ice with them on your first day of school. Best of luck on your first day!

Home / Undergraduate / Written introduction to my narrated slideshow - hobbies, why school, key to success, learning style