I wrote about an alien named Zork; Cornell supplement

shmegg 7 / 26 1  
College of Arts and Sciences:
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study. (1-2 Paragraphs)

In the sixth grade, my English teacher told my class and me to write a short children's story. At my pre-teen age of twelve, of course I was not expected to know what I was going to be when I grew up; however, my imagination portrayed a likely future. I wrote about an alien named Zork, who space traveled through a black hole and ended up on Earth. Zork told the people that there are unimaginable things beyond Earth, at great distances and in many galaxies. Although it is a fictional storyline, I believe there is some truth to it. My thoughts for what this vast and rapidly expanding universe is made up of still holds the same principles as my sixth grade children's story.

Cornell University has one of the top Physics and Astronomy departments in the country, and mixed in with my eager and determined mind can come great discoveries. With the best professors and tools available, I will be able to maximize my presence in the scientific community. The journey through learning about the universe as a whole and as individual particles excites me. What the universe is made up of determines its future and tells its past. I am determined to know all that I can about where our future is headed and even how it began 13 billion years ago.

Did I follow the prompt okay?
Should I add anything?

Possible relevant information:
Even as a child I loved watching the science channel about the universe..etc.
I for certain knew I wanted to go the Physics path when I took Honors Physics my Junior year. Now, my senior year, I am continuing with AP Physics.

I love looking at the stars, knowing that I can see Jupiter which is soo far away. It's mindboggling! Now that technology has advanced, my dad and I use our iPads and use a 3D star GPS app. It's really cool.

Thanks, Megan
hannahdowdy 4 / 14 4  
Try a different lead, that one is not quite impressive to the amplitude of what they are trying to get from you. Why do you want to be a part of the science program? WHat fuels your passion?
s23180185 2 / 5  
"At my pre-teen age of 12" is a little redundant. I would say At the age of 12. And I agree with the above. It's Cornell so you want to really go into depth.
omergoktug 3 / 6 2  
lead, that one is not quite impressive to the amplitude of what they are trying to get from you. Why do you want to be a part of the science progr

this is exactly what I think. And I like your story about Zork...

Home / Undergraduate / I wrote about an alien named Zork; Cornell supplement