Yale short answers - Philosophy - Physics - woman

Shilay 5 / 12 1  
I am not a native speaker, so I would realy appreciate help either with content and grammatics.

What in particular about Yale has influenced your decision to apply?
Being a woman in natural sciences can trigger some small adveristies; being a woman trying to combine both empiric and conceptual methods of exploring natural world will be ruthless. Yale can change it - as one of the few universities in states offering Physics and Philosophy major, and the only one with such significant assistance for womens in science with WISAY mentoring program. Since I have been living in a boarding house through my high school I can not imagine college experience without its binding atmosphere; Residental College System perfectly fits my positive spirit I want to share with peers.

I think the first part may sound like complaining, but I just didn't want to start with "what I love in Yale is...". What do you think?

You have been granted a free weekend next month. How will you spend it?

Explore the dark, wet, narrow spaces buried deep under the ground - that is almost accurate way of describing caving.

What is something about which you have changed your mind in the last three years?

After years of claming "science is everything!" I gave chance to humanities. Now philosophy is as important part of me as physics.

What is the best piece of advice you have received while in high school?

"It is better to trust someone and be decived, than regret that you could not believe in them."

What do you wish you were better at being or doing?

Sometimes I talk to much. I should be more specific, not expatiate on something that in fact is simple.

What is a learning experience, in or out of the classroom, that has had a significant impact on you?

Visiting the nuclear reactor 'Maria' - scientist in their natural environment and admiring the polish wellspring of modern physics left me breathless.
calpride - / 2 1  
Wow, I really like these! For the first one, I don't think that you are coming off too complaining, but just one suggestion
instead of " Yale can change it - as one of the few universities" maybe try: "at Yale, I can help change that" I think that it could help show you have initiative and really want to make a difference and want to make that difference at yale
haayounglee 2 / 7 2  
Nice job answering the questions!
I feel like they were very unique.
I'll highlight some grammatical/spelling errors for you:

Exploring the dark, wet, narrow spaces buried deep under the ground - that is almost accurate way of describing caving.

After years of clai ming "science is everything!" I gave a chance to humanities. Now, philosophy is as important to me as physics.

"It is better to trust someone and be di ecived, than regret that you could not believe in them."

Sometimes I talk too much. I should be more specific and not expatiate on something that in fact may be simple.

Visiting the nuclear reactor " Maria" - scientist in their natural environment and the Polish wellspring of modern physics left me breathless.

Best of luck! :)
OP Shilay 5 / 12 1  
Calpride - great idea, thank you so much for your help. :)

Haayounglee - I was very afraid of mistakes, so really, really I appreciate your effort!

Home / Undergraduate / Yale short answers - Philosophy - Physics - woman