Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

10 year reunion at Temple

rhiannon3 1 / -  
Imagine you have graduated from Temple University. You are preparing to attend your 10-year reunion, and the alumni office has asked you to write a one-page essay about your personal and professional accomplishments since graduation. What would yours say?

As I look back on the years that have made me who I am, I can proudly say that my life is full of accomplishments. For example, I can point to my graduation from Temple with my Bachelors degree in Advertising, the evolution of my relationship with my boyfriend, my involvement in my community, and most recently, my promotion to advertising manager.

Life is full of unexpected ups and downs, but with determination I reached my goal. After my graduation, I worked as an intern for a few different small, advertising agencies all over Philadelphia for nearly four years. I have seen the difficulties that come with the career and the imperative decisions that must be made to advance in the business. I take a certain amount of pride in knowing that I set a good example of an experienced advertising manager who stands for ethics in the work place. My professional education and personality had enabled me to vigorously perform out my daily job, but it really was my love of the social affect advertising has on society despite many unforeseen events.

As I mentioned before, I was recently promoted to advertising manager. Thanks to my former manager and the valued knowledge and skills that I've learned at Temple, I am now a very busy manager, who works more than 40 hours weekly. The life of an advertising manager has shaped my life. It taught me to be a lifelong pupil, able to decide for myself.

Some successes I've experienced over the years include, scoring high on difficult examinations and organizing over the top, social gatherings that donate to local charities. Also, I'm planning the arrival my second child with my long time, Temple boyfriend, now husband. Some of these accomplishments are nevertheless short lived, but my career in advertising and the family I have made hand in hand with my husband are the major accomplishments in my life. One should always have personal goals as well as professional, so starting a family is one thing that brings many joys. I would definitely recommend pursuing a career in advertising or even public relations.

I'm proud of what I've learned and appreciative that Temple University had given me a chance of learning. Even if I was given a second choice, I would still choose to follow my dream to work for an advertising agency at Temple University, a place where dreams do come true.

Home / Undergraduate / 10 year reunion at Temple