"10 years kid will still be there" - 10 to 30 (a personal essay)

sambid93 1 / 1  
"Sambid have contrebuted a lot in his field of work of this big space and universe." This sentence was highlighted in the essay which I happened to find in my father's laptop when I was working on it. It was an infantile essay with every possible grammatical and spelling error. After all, it was what I wrote 10 years ago. I had come home that day from my boarding school as it was my 10th birthday. I was there just to spend some quality time with my family on this special day. My father was away. However, there was a surprise in stock for me on his behalf, an assignment. Not something a 10 year old would be excited about, but something that he would do of compulsion. Back then I did the work for my father's sake, an essay on what feedback I would be receiving regarding my achievement from my near ones on my 30th birthday.

Now coming to this age I know what the purpose of that essay was. My father wanted to know if I had kept something in my pocket for my future. But I was just a ten year old whose pockets were only filled with chocolates and playing cards. I wasn't mature enough to think about the future. The only professions that were known to me were doctors, engineers and a pilot. All I knew was the way back home from school and the broadcasting schedules for my favorite cartoon shows. With my juvenile mind I finished writing the assignment before I realized that it contained more than what I had ever thought of. I realized that there was already something more important in my pockets besides the one mentioned earlier. That ten year kid had travelled time to his thirties.

Now as I ponder about the past, I can't exactly remember from when I got interested to this mysterious universe. Or was it the cartoon show I was addicted of. It might sound comical on how can someone make up his career goals from a cartoon. But I was the one to make up my career goal through a cartoon show Jimmy Neutron. It was a cartoon show based on a kid who had extraordinary knowledge about space. Although I didn't know what would my exact profession will be in the future I had already decided of doing something related to the astronomy. I exactly knew what my friends and relatives would be saying about my field of work in the future. Yes, that ten year kid had already built up his career in his sub conscious mind. And the reason behind this was none other than a cartoon.

It might have ended after he was more mature and stopped watching those cartoon shows. But as I grew older my goal became clearer to me. I started imagining myself as that young kid with a bizarre mind, one who existed in the real world. I felt like I am perfectly suited for my career. My country, with plenty of diversity and totally overruled by astrology itself might be a great source for my progress in the future. I started feeling who knows that I might be the bridge to the traditional and modern astronomy. And bring a significant change in the aspect of astronomy among the human kind.

At 10, 20 years down the road I saw myself as a great astronomer and 10 years down the lane from now my dream continues to be the same. The way and the destiny is the same but this voyager has become more mature and experienced. And the highlighted sentence also clearly shows how important it is for my father. He also wants me to reach my destiny as much as I do. So, I am never going to give up on what I have been deciding to do since my childhood. If I give up from here without trying that means I am killing that 10 year kid. That is why I am going to work my best to complete my dream. Jimmy Neutron might have been just a comic character to a normal person but to me it is a dream. And I am going to make my reality far better than my dream. I will always be ready to learn more new things even about the matters disparate to my dream. Ten years ago that 10 year kid travelled time to his 30th birthday party. Now I am going to make sure that that 10 years kid will still be there in my real 30th birthday party.
odinaryguy 1 / 1  
second para
*My father wanted to know if I had kept something in my pocket for my future. But I wasn't mature enough to think about the future then.

*... I realized that there was already something more important in my pockets besides just chocolates and playing cards..

third para
*I can't remember since when I got interested in this mysterious universe..
*Maybe, it was a cartoon show I was very fond of..
*It might sound comical, but I made up my career goal through a animated serial called Jimmy Neutron...
*It was based on a kid... (dont use the same word repeatedly)

last para
* At 10, 20 years down the road I saw myself as a great astronomer and 10 years down the lane from now my dream continues to be the same. The way and the destiny is the same but this voyager has become more mature and experienced....this is confusing.what do yu mean? couldnt yu write in simple words.dont try to use catchy phrases to impress the reader if u dont know how to use it properly.it will only ruin the flow..

fourth para STARTS with a really clumsy sentence..ull have a great essay if u revise some many sentences..i recommend u consult with sumnima for that

good going sambid :)

Home / Undergraduate / "10 years kid will still be there" - 10 to 30 (a personal essay)