When I was 10 years old my dad, brother and I drove to Madison for a soccer tournament - admission

ahanson 1 / -  
When I 10 years old my dad, brother and I drove to Madison for a soccer tournament. The tournament was snowed out so we decided to visit the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus instead. Because my dad is a proud Badger alumnus, I grew up hearing all about the campus and I was so excited to finally see what all the hype was about. The trees surrounding the lake were perfectly frosted with snow and the lake was just beginning to freeze over. My dad told us outrageous stories of days in a fraternity and swimming in the lake with his friends instead of studying. I heard stories about sledding down Bascom Hill in the winter on the cafeteria trays and I couldn't help but fall in love with energetic atmosphere of the campus. From that day I told everyone that I would go to Madison when I was older. I will never forget that first visit to Madison and how I felt so at home. One of the main reasons I stayed focused on my studies throughout high school is because I wanted to have a fair shot at being a second generation badger. As a student, I like to constantly challenge myself to gain as much knowledge as I can. I believe I have potential to do great things and I truly think that the research facilities and Honors programs at this university could help me unlock this potential. Another resource I would take advantage of as a student would be the libraries. I believe effectively using the school's many libraries and becoming familiar with other students that strive for success is a crucial tool to be successful at this university. Along with academics, I also like to stay involved in the school's social life. I played both hockey and lacrosse in high school and would love to join these club teams at Madison. When my dad and I visited the campus when I was 10, he promised me that I could have season tickets to any Badger's team that I wanted and I plan to hold him to it. If I am accepted to this university my first tough decision will be what sport to choose.
xgchenx 2 / 5  
Hi,
I think your ideas are there, although i'm not sure since you didn't include the prompt. However, the way you sort of list the attributes makes it seem a bit unclear and disorganized. It may be because of the small word limit.

Also, the line with the frosted trees is completely irrelevant and cuts off the ideas of the previous and next sentence.

Home / Undergraduate / When I was 10 years old my dad, brother and I drove to Madison for a soccer tournament - admission