"yes we can" - UVA FAV WORD-YES

asdfasdf 2 / 4  
This word was included in the most popular phrase during the 2008 presidential election stated by Obama, "yes we can". Without this word, the statement would lack direction and assertion. Potential voters would not have as much faith in the candidate because the phrase would not be as effective and enticing. It has one syllable, three letters, and one meaning. Yes. This word may sound simple, but there is an infinite number of ways to use it. It can be used to express excitement, curiosity, or hesitation. It can be used to respond to a question. It can also be used to acknowledge a significant statement. The prominence of the word yes goes beyond its definition of affirmative response. This word gives me hope and confidence to continue to strive for my goals, whether it's as minor as finishing a book or as eminent as finalizing this supplement. Hearing the word yes relieves all my doubts and allows me to breathe comfortably without any stress because it is the key to receiving permission. Knowing that this word will bring exuberance to another, I quickly respond with a yes to their question hoping it'll enliven their mood. Yes is a word that not only encourages me to hold on to my aspirations, but also mitigates my negative thoughts and apprehensions. This powerful word initiates the creativity I seek, the adventures I plan to take, and the innovations I would like to accomplish.
sidbush 3 / 26  
This word may sound simple, but there is an infinite amountnumber of ways to use it.

It can be used to express excitement, curiosity, andor hesitation.

The bit where you describe the many uses of the word is repetitive; maybe change around the way you state it in some sentences.

Excellent word choice!

Great essay! I also did this one. Mind looking it over?
plittplatt11 5 / 29  
Knowing that this word will bring exuberance to another, I quickly respond with a yes to their question hoping it'll enliven their mood.

My only thing is with this sentence. It sounds as if you would say yes to anyone just to make them happy. This probably isn't true so you could either take it out or reword it!

Would you mind helping me?
Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
you began three sentences with it.

This word may sound simple, but there is an infinite number of ways to use it.
The prominence of the word yes goes beyond its definition of affirmative response

are both necessary? repetitive.

goals is plural and it's is singular. maybe say they are as minor...

somewhat repetitive but still a good essay overall.

Please read my Notre Dame essay
turtleboxman 2 / 8  
This essay is truly amazing!

But i agree with what plittplatt said

and the only other thing is maybe you could give a specific example of how the word yes effected you? Im not sure, try and play around with it and see how it works. if not, leave it the way it is and just work with wat plittplatt said
gretchenk 5 / 14  
Great essay, but try to make it more personal!

Home / Undergraduate / "yes we can" - UVA FAV WORD-YES