'Younger brother in Czech Rep / Academic and social life' - UCF Admission Essay

kmccoy17 1 / -  
I had to write 2 prompts for my admission essays:

1st prompt: If there has been some obstacle or "bump in the road," in your academic or personal life, please explain the circumstances.

Throughout my academic career, there have been many bumps in the road for me, both with my personal life and my academics. When I was about seven years old, my parents got divorced, and my father remarried. He ended up moving to Czech Republic as well, and has lived there for about eight years. Granted my father supports my brother and I financially, it takes a strong emotional toll on us only seeing him once or maybe twice a year. My mother has struggled financially ever since their divorce, even with the funds my father sends every month to help with the rent. I believe I have always tried my hardest to help my mother out when it was needed. I bring my younger brother to and from baseball practice on nights that I don't work, I work two part time jobs to help my mother out a little with financial situations, and I am a full-time dual enrollment Practical Nursing student. I think my personal circumstances will only make me stronger, because I do not want to struggle financially in the long run. I have seen how it can tear a family apart and bring out the worst in people.

2nd prompt: Why did you choose to apply to UCF?

I have always been a very indecisive person, always second guessing myself and wondering what people thought of me or my decisions. But I finally have an opportunity to start making my own decisions about my future. When I was in 10th grade I decided I wanted to become a nurse, so I started the nursing program at Charlotte Technical Center. After I chose to go to school for my LPN in high school, I was not going to just stop there. I want my RN, maybe even beyond that, and I know the University of Central Florida has the best to offer me. I have heard many amazing stories about becoming a UCF Knight, in which wearing the black and gold colors was a privilege. I believe UCF has the best of both the academic and social life. I can not wait to visit the campus in December and I hope to be accepted in this extraordinary school.
Throughout my academic career, there have been many bumps in the road for me, both within my personal life and my academics.

When I was about seven years old, my parents got divorced, ---No comma here--- and my father remarried.

I believe I have always tried my hardest to help my mother out when it was needed.

I bring my younger brother to and from baseball practice on nights that I don't work, and I work two part time jobs to help my mother out a little with financial situations, and I am a full-time dual enrollment Practical Nursing student.

--------------------------------------------------

I have always been a very indecisive person, always second guessing myself and wondering what people thought of me or my decisions. ---Here, you should mention that when it comes to choosing a college, there's no question or second guessing.---

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Younger brother in Czech Rep / Academic and social life' - UCF Admission Essay