Zeal for biology ; NYU Supplement; Academic interests?

sillybandz 6 / 20  
I stumble out of my Latin course and run towards my next period class. Strategically thinking of the fastest route, I shove against students as I make myself way through the overflowing halls. The walls start to close in on me as my heart pounds uncontrollably. I reach for the door knob and enter room H-4. This is all a mistake! The room is empty- no desks, no students, no teacher. Only the chalkboard remains in the front with an intricate illustration of a eukaryote cell displayed on it. I turn back around slowly opening the door. My friend pops up behind me and insists we go to lunch so we can claim the "good" seats. Baffled, I ask her if we had Biology 2AP already. She nods her head steadily and adds that we had lab as well.

My head whips up as sweat pours onto my pillow. Normal people would have cheerful dreams about skipping biology, but of course I would nightmares. Questions whiz through my head, as I try to ponder about my passion for biology. Normally when I struggle with a course, I lose interest. But biology is different. The more I struggle, the more I am motivated to improve. If I can't grasp the context in a chapter, I make sure to read it twice and ask questions in class. I realize that I have a zeal for biology that I have never had for any other subjects. I position my head softly back onto the pillow, assured that I know where my future's path.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
It's a creatively-written essay, but it doesn't say enough about why you love Biology or what you hope to do with your knowledge. What does make that course different from others?
Felicia1995 2 / 2  
You probably want to include more about the programs you want to go into at NYU, they like to see that you did your research and know a lot about the school!

Home / Undergraduate / Zeal for biology ; NYU Supplement; Academic interests?