Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Ability to save a variety of vocabularies in the brain. Kids learn a foreign language early

Nofrinorman 27 / 17 8  
Some experts believe that is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary schools rather than secondary school. Do advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages ?

It is argued that children should commence to learning a foreign language in the early age because they have ability to save a variety of vocabularies in the brain. However, the negative side of this is they will be lack of understanding to master the mother language. In my point of view, I prefer to stand on this advantage because the difficulty of mastering local language can be solved by obtaining the language education proportional.

Learning a foreign language in the primary school allows the children to absorb a variety of vocabularies into the brain. This is because the children's brain has a strong memory to remember the range of words that they have. For example, a recent study by Children Research Organisation in California found that the best period to develop a linguistic understanding of the children is in the age of 6 - 12 years old. This effective learning mean that teaching another language to the children earlier can stimulate their ability to master quickly.

Having said that when the children gain the foreign language in the beginning of growth, they can be difficult to master the first language in well structure. Foreign language grammar has different forms with their original language so that both languages can confuse the children to apply in sentences. For instance, The Sindo Newspaper reported that 80 % of primary students in Nusa Bangsa Internasional School acquire an average-score in Indonesian language, while for the English language is in a high score. However, it will not happen since they learn both the local language and foreign language in balance.

All in all, for some scientists regard that the effective way to give children the foreign language learning is in the early age because they have a fresh brain to understand the language. Even though it will be a problem to learn the national language, the one step can overcome this by equal learning in both languages at once. I would suggest that although having ability to speak the foreign language is beneficial for the children, they should not ignore to learn the original language.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ability to save a variety of vocabularies in the brain. Kids learn a foreign language early