[Essay] - Abolish death penalty forever - provide the reasons

trvaanh 10 / 20  
Topic.

Do you think the death penalty should be banned forever and why?

Writing.
Death penalty has been excluded from many nations' regulation since it is considered to be inappropriate in the civil society. In my opinion, death penalty should be completely abolished as this inhumane action brings only death to our humankind.

Firstly, there might be wrongful executions which cannot be taken back. This is because the juries might reach wrong conclusion based only on the witness words and not thorough investigation. Then the innocent would get the penalty even he is not a crime. For example, Cameron Willingham was accused of killing his three daughters. The final judgment made by claims of his neighbor was death. Later, thanks to modern technology he was found innocent, but it was too late. Thus, false arrests lead to another tragedies produced by the government and laws.

Secondly, death penalty violates the right to life of individuals. If you decide to take the life of convicted person, your mindset is not different from a murderer. Opposed to executions, crimes should be re-educated to self-reflect their behaviors and then pay back to the community right in prisons. Otherwise, what would we get back when carrying out death penalty? Nothing except for death. Everyone has a right to live to fulfil social duty.

In conclusion, I agree that death penalty should be supplanted by life imprisonment or other punishments. This encourages a more humane attitude towards crimes and allows them to make contributions to society.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@trvaanh
Hi there.

The tenses of your verbs have to be approved. Always use the appropriate words when you are writing as this will help you relay the information in the most meaningful and efficient manner. Having a structured and thoughtful approach to writing will curate substantial content that does not move away from the conventions of writing.

Furthermore, work also on having meaningful and yet shorter sentences that will help you create more substantial writing. Using techniques that minimize filler words to pave way for structure will assist the building blocks of your writing.

Aside from this, I think that your writing already has a lot of depth in it. Keep going.

Best of luck in your writing endeavors.

Home / Writing Feedback / [Essay] - Abolish death penalty forever - provide the reasons