Abortion and same-sex marriage

davidplague 1 / -  
This was actually written for my SAT writing class. The topic was something along the lines of "Do you believe we should accept new beliefs, values, and ideas in society?" Literary and social criticism is nice.

Since the creation of the U.S. Constituion, the issue of accepting new values and ideas has been constant. The political tension between Federalists and Anti Federalists to add a Bill of Rights has evolved into modern issues of abortion and same-sex marriage between Liberals and Conservatives. But in order for America to hold its name, citizens should politically respect newly introduced beliefs.

John Locke contributed to our Constituion through the ideas of pursuit of happiness and freedom of choice. To restrict an American citizen to create the marrital bond of two lovers, regardless of sex, contradicts the foundation in which our country is based upon.

Abortion parallels the similar issue: many do not consider the trauma a child experiences at the revelation he was abandoned by his biological mother. Through many unwanted births, there have been events of confused mothers resorting to literally throwing a child away into a dumpster. A woman who ignorantly became impregnanted should not be given to what many is a cherished, blessed gift. To abort a human in the embryo stage would be a far less painful path rather than a life full of inner chaos.

What many Americans do not consider is the issue as a whole. The founders of our country would be gravely dissapointed at many restrictions we have created. The freedom of choice is what uniquely separates us from much of the world, which unfortunately and shamefully has digressed.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening!

What kind of assistance are you in need of? Please let me know so that I can help you.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / Abortion and same-sex marriage