Academic Interest (I like math, physics and economics)

tonydengcnu 23 / 17  
Since senior high school, I began to learn economics. During my studies, I try to link what I learned from the book to the problems in life. Then I gradually found the global financial crisis exert negative influence on all walks of life, and Chinese enterprises were no exception. Some new questions fell into my mind: What kind of enterprise can survive such a fierce competition? How to rescue the declining enterprise during such a depression ear?

If you want to know the enterprise and do a successful business, the first thing you have to do is to know how it works. Industrial engineering is such a subject. It starts from the basic cost calculation, methods to raise productivity and working efficiency, to minimize the cost and maximize the profit. In addition, it is not restricted to one area, but applied in wide range.

I like math, physics and economics. When I was very young, I started to attend Olympic Math (An Elite Math Training Session in China.) I was quite strong in math and kept straight As in math for the three years. During math (A Level), I applied math to many problems in real life. In addition, I am also very interested in management. This is partially influenced by my father, who run a company. From him, I came to learn that without knowledge about your own products and every step on the production chain, you can never gain more profits for your company, nor can you manage it well. Industrial engineering teaches how to utilize every material. Meanwhile, it also teaches us how to lead an efficient life: to gain the maximum profit at the minimum cost. Only in this way can the enterprise survive and even excel in the world market.

I intend to study math for one year and then transfer to the industrial engineering. After graduation, I can enter enterprises and engage in management. With my great efforts, I am sure I will be a successful industrial engineer.
last_min_girl 2 / 6  
1. ...my father, who RUNS a company...
2. Transition between the last two paragraphs??
During my studies, I try to link what I learned from books to the problems in real life.

How about italics for the internal dialogue? Like this:

Then I gradually found the global financial crisis exert negative influence on all walks of life, and Chinese enterprises were no exception. Some new questions fell into my mind: What kind of enterprise can survive such a fierce competition? How to rescue the declining enterprise during such a depression ear?

If you want to know the enterprise and do a successful business...

And for this last paragraph, perhaps you can include mention of the great, unique resources provided by the school to which you are applying:

Great job!! Good luck in your education and career.

Home / Writing Feedback / Academic Interest (I like math, physics and economics)