IELTS: TASK 1 ACADEMIC MODULE DEGREES GRANTED IN DIFFERENT FIELDS AT THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY

Daniel1998 4 / 8  
The charts below show degrees granted in different fields at the National University in the years 1990, 2000 and 2010.

The given pie charts depict data on the changes in the number of degrees granted in 4 different fields of study (Law, Medicine, Business and Computer Science) at the National University in 1990, 2000 and 2010.

Overall, it is clear that initially most degrees were granted in Computer Science and Business, whereas Law accounted for the lowest number of awarded degrees. Subsequently, Computer Science remained the most preferred field, as opposed to Business, which decreased in popularity. Law continued showing the lowest figure in 2000 and 2010.

According to the pie charts, in 1990 30% of the degrees were awarded in Computer Science, and following that the figure increased to 40% and 45% in 2000 and 2010 respectively. Conversely, the number of degrees awarded in Business showed a downward trend: the figure was at 30% in 1990, it decreased by 10% in 2000 and there was a 5% decline in 2010.

With regard to the remaining fields of study, 25% of the degrees were granted to Medical students in both 1990 and 2010, while in the same years 15% were awarded to Law students. In 2000 the figure for degrees granted in Medicine rose by 5% and the one for degrees awarded in Law dropped by 5%.

• the pie charts
adip 12 / 13  

it is yours

The given pie charts depict data ...

Hi daniel, I would like to say you don't need to give elaboration of the data in introduction and overview. This is my intro and overview. However, correcting me when I'm wrong

The comparison of degrees granted percentage in 4 different venues(Law, Medicine, business and computer science) at the National University between 1990 and 2010 is disclosed in the pie charts. At the first sight that the computer science obtains the numerous proportion of students than the others. whereas the other majors fluctuated in a 3-different year.
pujakurniawan19 9 / 16 4  
Hi Daniel
I have some suggestions for your paragraph 1

The given pie charts depict data on the changes in the number of degrees grantedThe pie charts illustrates comparison of the degrees granted percentages in 4 different fields of study (Law, Medicine, Business and Computer Science) at the National University in 1990, 2000 and 2010 during 30 years period.It is clear that the most degrees were granted was Computer Sciences than others in all of the times. On the other hand, business always experienced downward trend.
Risty01 10 / 16 1  
This is my suggestion for your second paragraph:

Overall, it can be seen that there was a slight increase in proportion of Computer Science while Business field showed the reverse.Both Medicine and Law remained stable at the end of period.

I hope this will help to develop your sentences.
Thanks
mahdinurianto25 6 / 12  
Hello Daniel, I am very glad to see other person who has same interest about IELTS. More over, your essay has excellent flow.

2nd paragraph:
- I think it is better if you put the second paragraph to be a part of first paragraph because your first paragraph is only consist of one sentence.

Overall, I am very like with your essay. I hope we can learn together about IELTS some day. Thank you and good luck for us :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: TASK 1 ACADEMIC MODULE DEGREES GRANTED IN DIFFERENT FIELDS AT THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY