IELTS (Academic)Task 2- Museums VS. Internet

JiaYin 1 / -  
Public museums and art galleries are not necessary because nowadays people can see the historical objects and works of art in these places on the Internet. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays more and more people use Internet access to see historical objects and art works, rather than going to museums and galleries. As a result, people start to argue that it is no longer necessary to keep public museums and art galleries. Personally, I strongly disagree with this statement.

To begin with, museums and art galleries provides a better understanding about the objects and art. In most museums and art galleries, details descriptions in terms of the background, history and author are provided by specialised guides. In contrast, due to the frauds or misleading information online, the objects or art may be incorrectly interpreted. Furthermore, seeing an art work online is not the same as watching it with our own eyes, as the picture online does not show the texture or three-dimensional structure of the art, which is important in the study.

Moreover, museums and art galleries have an important role in attracting tourists, which is impossible replaced by Internet. Apart from displaying historical items, museums and art galleries are also city landmarks. For example, Paris Louvre Museums and New York Metropolitan Museum of Art, as historical landmarks, attract millions of tourists every year.

Admittedly, it is more convenient to learn about historical or art items online. With Internet, people do not need to travel long distance to have a real look at a painting or a sculpture, which probably takes a lot of time and travel fee. It also partly explain why Internet is becoming more and more popular in historical or art objects study.

In conclusion, despite of the convenience brought by the Internet, the important role of public museums and art galleries could never be replaced. In fact, more attention should be drawn in terms of how to attract people to visit museums and galleries more often.
Furthermore, seeing an art work online is not the same as watching it with our own eyes, as the picture online does not show the texture or three-dimensional structure of the art, which is important in the study.

I guess this is the most important reason why we need to visit museums to experience artifacts. In your body paragraphs you should give specific examples to support your reasons that you use to justify your position in the argument. Here you could have cited some real life example :)
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
museums and art galleries provides provide

details descriptions

detailed descriptions

background, history and author

impossible replaced

impossible to be replaced

With Internet

With the Internet

It also partly explain

explain -> explains

despite of

-> despite/in spite of

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS (Academic)Task 2- Museums VS. Internet