IELTS Academic essay:Some people think that music brings benefits to individuals

Duva 2 / 3 1  
Some people think that music brings benefits to individuals and societies. Others, however think that music can have a negative influence on both.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
The pros and cons of music for individuals is a topic which has aroused enormous controversy among the general public. Some people argue that music has adversely affected individuals'minds and society. However, another group believe that music is the part of culture of every society. It gives many benefits to people and societies.

In my point of view, music is most popular and ancient mode of human expression. Its the basic form of art and strongly connected to culture of every society. We cannot denied from the value of music, it has taken important part in people'life and society.

Some people hold the opinion that, there are various drawbacks of music. Nowadays, the standard of music and songs is not high as in the past. The language used in lyrics of some songs is very cheap and meaningless. If individuals started listening low quality music and songs then these cheap songs would inevitably affect on their minds. As mentioned above, music is strongly connected to culture of every society, due to cheap music and meaningless songs, the youngsters will get bad impression of their culture. Moreover, in recent years, loud music is more popular than soft and classic music which will only increase noise pollution in society and gives tension to people rather than relax individuals'minds.

Supporters of music believe that, there are various benefits of music. First of all, music is the famous and historic way to show your culture and tradition to other societies. Nowadays, young generation can get knowledge of old culture and tradition from music. In other words, in every society music is the basic way to transfer their culture from one generation to next. Secondly, many therapies have been introduced which use music to treat many physical and psychological diseases. Such as, music is used in the therapies to hypnotise and also relax a stressful mind. Moreover, in recent years the youngsters have chose music not only as a hobby, but its the best way for them to earn money. Many people were famous due to music in the past.

In conclusion, we cannot separate music from our culture and society. the solution of drawbacks is, the government should needs to open appropriate music academies which will give complete knowledge of music. The educationalist should need to start classes of music in schools which will give information of history of music.
mingming 2 / 5 1  
I think the essay overall is good. Well, the conclusion in my opinion is better to avoid new ideas which is not mentioned in the main paragraph.
First, I have a small admin request for you; Please open all IELTS essays in Writing Feedback forum :)

The pros and cons of music for individuals is a topic which has aroused enormous controversy among the general public.

Well.... I find some issue with this idea.... I believe it is not the pros and cons of music that your prompt wants to discuss, but the different opinions about music that people hold. This gives a different interpretation about your topic.

It gives many benefits to people and societies.

You should have concluded your introduction by expressing your opinion on this argument very clearly. The above sentence fails to do that job.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Academic essay:Some people think that music brings benefits to individuals