IELTS: Academic - Sales of two companies

candy07 9 / 33 6  
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The bar chart below shows the estimated sales of jeans for two companies next year in Turkey. The pie chart shows the projected market share of the two companies in jeans at the end of next year.

Write a short report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

Write at least 150 words.

The bar chart predicts the estimated sales of jeans of two companies Mango and Jack & Jones in thousands of pairs for the next year. The pie chart depicts the projected market share of each company at end of next year.

According to the bar graph, the sales of company Jack and Jones will always be more than company Mango , except in months of July and August. The sales of mango company will rise steadily till month of August reaching 500,000 pairs and then stabilize in months of September, October and November . Finally,the sales will increase to 600,000 pairs in month of December.The sales of company Jack and Jones will fluctuate around 400,000 pairs till August and then rise steadily till month of December reaching to a mark of 900,000 pairs. Further, both the companies have their maximum sales in month of December.

The pie chart depicts that half of the market share will be divided among these two companies at the end of the year , 30 % with Jack & Jones and 20 % with Mango.

Thus , to conclude , it can be said that the bar graph and pie chart co relate with each other showing more sales and thus more projected market share for company Jack & Jones.

ieltswriter 3 / 6  
I it is better to use words like steadily, till,month,rise less than mentioned in your essay. you should include a variety of vocabulary in your essay.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Double graphs
Introduction: Write one sentence, but introduce each chart separately e.g "This first bar chart shows..., and the second chart illustrates

Overview: Write two sentences. If the information in the charts is not connected, find one main point or general trend for each chart. If the charts are connected, try to make comparisons

Main body paragraphs:
If the two charts are completely different (e.g. a graph and a table), write a separate paragraph about each. If the charts are the same, and show the same information (e.g. 2 pie charts), do not describe them separately, the examiner will want to see comparisons. In this case, you could write one paragraph describing all of the information, but it is still more preferable to write two paragraphs because it makes the essay look more organized

Note to remember:
1. Not separating paragraphs. Your score will immediately drop if you do not separate paragraphs clearly. My advice: leave a full line between paragraphs.
2. You need an overview for IELTS visual writing, not conclusion.
OP candy07 9 / 33 6  
Hi eddies
Many thanks for your detailed reply . I really appreciate your sincere effort.
Further
1) Can you tell me more about overview . What details should I write in overview paragraph . Should I make a separate paragraph for overview
2) I have written 4 paragraphs
- intro
- bar graph comparison paragraph
- pie chart paragraph
- conclusion
According to you what should be the right method
Thanks
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Well, let me share what I know

It is not all about the right or wrong one. As long as you write, you will have a band score of IELTS :D

This pattern I used when facing my IELTS exam :D
1. Introduce the graph
2. Give an overview
3. Give the (two) detail/s

Why should be an overview and paragraph separated,
Have look at Task Achievement[/i] and [i]Coherence and Cohesion, by paying particular attention to this IELTS TASK 1 Writing band descriptors if you think you need a good score:
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
IELTS TASK 1 Writing band descriptors if you think you need a good score:

click: takeielts.britishcouncil (dot) org/sites/default/files/IELTS_task_1_Writing_band_descriptors.pdf

What details should I write in overview paragrap

An overview is not the individual details, but the 'whole picture'.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Academic - Sales of two companies