"Only the academically able can be the elite of society." Do you agree?

robert589 2 / 3  
"Your mindset determines your destiny", this quoted from a once popular philosophy master, Confucius. Now, in this sentence, the cause of your destiny is your mindset. But, is it always true that higher education you have indicates you have a better mindset? In this problem, I strongly oppose if the "only" one who can become an elite is people who succeed in academic in case many leaders do not always mean they have good education background.

Firstly, achievers do not need to master mathematics, physics, biology and other subjects which are usually learned in education institutions. In fact, many politicians and leaders were born from families that are not economically able and cannot afford any education degree. For instance, Nelson Mandela used to live amid desert condition and had just undergone a little education but he became a president later and today, he is known to be the pioneer of anti apartheid movements.

But, there are those who claim Academic skill is the most powerful tool to achieve dreams. Furthermore, many of those state that the only way to achieve it is education in schools and universities. Here, I do not argue that education is not needed. Yet, the additional word "only" leads me disagree this topic.

Secondly, many graduate students either from a school or a university have nasty behaviors such as smoking, fighting ,or others. It is an evidence that education, nowadays, focus more on academic instead of forming character.

To sum up, elite can come from many backgrounds either from academically good or not. It is how you think that determines what your future might be. Remember this quote, "Not everyone can become an elite, but an elite can come from anywhere." Inspired by ratatouille

288 words

please give me some suggestions, ideas, and corrections
i am trying to improve my English skill
"Your mindset determines your destiny", this quoted from a once popular philosophy master, Confucius

"Your mindset determines your destiny", this is a quote by Confucius, the famous philosopher.

Now, in this sentence, the cause of your destiny is your mindset.

.... this sounds repetitive... you shouldn't spoon feed the reader.

But, is it always true that higher education you have indicates you have a better mindset?

... this sounds very confusing.... what are you trying to say?
Also, you need to post this type of essays into "Writing Feedback" forum. Include the prompt together with your essay so that others have a clear idea what it expects.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  

... well.... here you do not clearly present your reason for taking your position to the reader ... What is the reason? It is;
First, the history proves that every achiever did not have excellent academic credentials. ... this is your reason. Now support it with a proper example. Mr Mandela's case is not a good example because he is a learned man. He's been a lawyer although he came from a rural family (again his father was a tribal head) which did not have so much means. Find someone who did not have a proper formal education, but reached the heights of success.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Only the academically able can be the elite of society." Do you agree?