Accepting bad circumstances, or trying to deal with them and develop for the better?

lemon9 1 / -  

Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job

People think that accepting a bad circumstance is best while others consider that manage to deal with and develop it which seems to be better. I will argue this opinion in essay.

On the one hand, bad situation is sometimes an unavoidable thing that we should how to accept and be along with them. For example, conflicting in marriage is a normal thing that happen most family, but instead of complaints and arguments, both husband and wife should be sympatheticand abandon mistakes of each other to maintain a happy family. It supports the society limit the rate of divorces and children would not be live far from their parents. Moreover, being a not good situation would leave behind for individuals meaningful lesson. If you get finance problem, you would feel respect and appreciate the value of money better.

On the other hand, it is logical for people to try and improve bad condition since it creates a positive energy which helps them make progress and be succeed in life. For instance, bad mark is usually seen in each student, but if they cope with and overcome it, they would realize their mistake and then make effort to achieve better scores in the next time. It is not denied that improving bad situation gives individual become independent and have constructive attitude when facing the failure. Since it would convert pessimistic their feelings into more optimistic one's.

In conclusion, It seems to me better that people should try and overcome bad circumstance than accept it. Obviously, the community would not be more developed without motivation and effort.
You have not used the proper discussion format for the presentation. The clue as to how the essay should be discussed can easily be found in the original prompt presentation. Towards the end, the prompt will include either a direct question ( or 2) or a method by which you should discuss the essay. In this prompt, the discussion method was presented as :

Discuss both points of view and give your opinion.

So the presentation for the reasoning paragraphs should have been:

Par. 2: ...accepting a bad circumstance is best + Explanation of this public point of view + Personal opinion
Par. 3: ... better to try and improve such situations + public point of view reason + Personal opinion
Par. 4: Summary of the discussion points

You did not accomplish the discussion presentation as you were instructed to. I guess you are not quite familiar with the different types of discussion methods yet. You will do well to review the different discussion methods as presented in this forum. You may also find yourself learning how to write better based on the correction of other people's errors. Do look into these other sample essays for your benefit.

Remember, the original prompt will always instruct you regarding the reasoning discussion. In this presentation, your error was that you presented a personal point of view alone instead of a comparative discussion based on the public opinion in comparison to your personal opinion. There are no right or wrong answers for this topic, only a comparison presentation. An additional error was the incorrect prompt restatement. You should have used sentences in this essay. One for the topic, another for the reason, and a third one for the discussion instruction statement or personal opinion/s.

Home / Writing Feedback / Accepting bad circumstances, or trying to deal with them and develop for the better?