ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT: ENCOUNTERS UPON OUR OUTREACH PROGRAM WE CONDUCTED

niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
Please help me! I profoundly welcome whoever would post ...

To eradicate illiteracy and promote functional literacy for the out of school children; this is our main goal which the Alternative Learning System (ALS), as part of the school curriculum, has given us a privilege to somehow fulfill one of the country's worst predicaments- high illiteracy rate. Those children, age ranging 5 to 16, who have also been never gone to school or dropped out of school, have made our program undoubtedly purposeful because not only them the specific learners are but also ourselves who have significantly learned. They helped us to equip our self's development and sense of community as well as our critical thinking and problem solving- these two are belonged on the five learning strands of Alternative Learning System curriculum.

December 3, 2011, when we started to conduct the program entitled I Love Sabado ( Saturday) in a certain barangay in our city. First, we divided our class into six groups and assigned to do teaching every Saturday around 2:00 pm to 4:pm. Then, every group selected three teams to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. These are the teaching categories that each group has to teach. From these categories, I was assigned to teach reading. Being in this sort of teaching, our general objective is to teach the students how to read correctly and properly. Learning to read was not easy for them most especially if they had no background idea about how to read. However, we taught them in a simpler way for them to be able to relate well.

To take this activity more successfully, I have observed that it is imperative to exercise good intrapersonal and interpersonal relationship to evade social conflicts which absolutely the primary hindrances toward achievements. Self-discipline is one important value that I have learned also to communicate better with my co-Als workers and students,and with the barangay staff as well. My fellow Als workers have taught me how to be patient. In addition, I learned, too, the significance of teamwork towards a common goal. Despite of the students' mischief, I could still receive from them a reward and that was an unmeasurable happiness every time they could understand what I was trying them to teach. But all of these would not be contingently happened without the noble barangay staff, particularly the barangay captain and the president of the village, who fully extended their cooperation by providing us with a convinient place for the betterment of our program.

Despite such positive accomplishments, problems did not truly let us free doing every thing without a corresponding conflicts. As instance, when we began seeking for our learners. There, we got a problem like the group who would lift the task to gather qualified learners (mapping). Though there were some who had volunteered, they had more complains rather than the number of the learners they had gathered. Unity was missing at our first action. That was also the time I started to be reactive which only contributed a worst output. We likewise met problem upon our venue that the barangay captain was initially recommended on us wherein is actually an open wall one. This type of place structure might only contribute problems to be brought by other children and other forces which may be devastating to execute teaching through the students. Due this encouter, we did quick action by sending another letter to the barangay captain requesting to shift to a covered place. Somehow, it was swiftly granted, therefore a place protected even from the natural forces was rendered finally. On the other side, some problems were brought commonly by our students like inevitable mischief. They also spoke harsh words and doing things their own which they hated whoever would try them to disturb. Nevertheless, we kept them to understand and maintained our strong patience. Generally, the main reason why all of these dilemmas happened is because of our being reactive that merely blocked our mind off what the best to do.

I could say that the result of our conducted program is successful. It is because we were able to immediately fix problems although blaming each other is unavoidable from us. Group stability is also a great factor that helped us get out over problems. This activity is really worthy because it catered challenges accompanied with various lessons that have taught us morally and intellectually. However, it would just be more worthy if we became proactive most of the time as well as if we focused on the specific needs of the learners like teaching them the proper hygienes, moral aspects, and importance of numbers in daily lives, instead of just teaching what a certain topic is all about. In short, there is still indication of teaching reading, writing, and artihmetic but these must be integrated upon the needs of the learners.
To eradicate illiteracy and promote functional literacy for the out of school children; this is our main goal which the Alternative Learning System (ALS), as part of the school curriculum, has given us athe privilege to somehow fulfill one of the country's worst predicaments- high illiteracy rate. -------- this is a good start

Those children, age ranging 5 to 16, who have also been never goneeither never attendedto school or dropped out of school, have made our program undoubtedly purposeful. (Make a stop here otherwise your sentence would become too long and complicated ) becausenot only them the specific learners are but also ourselves who have significantly learned.This program not only helped these children learn but also helped us gain a valuable exposure.TheyIt made us become more responsible towards ourhelped us to equip our self's development and sense of community, helped build our self-confidenceas well aswhile creating opportunities for us to sharpen our critical thinking and problem solving skills- these , that were given a great focus in thetwo are belonged on the five learning strandsof Alternative Learning System curriculum.

Home / Writing Feedback / ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT: ENCOUNTERS UPON OUR OUTREACH PROGRAM WE CONDUCTED