Only a few achieve the success in literature or writing fields

Hannathao 1 / 2  

Most writers of fiction do not earn enough money to live from their writing

In the modern life, most of the youngsters seem to choose other fields instead of literature or writing to move up the career ladder. Because, in general, only a few achieve the success in this fields while the rest find very difficult to make ends meet. In my opinion, the governments should support authors financially because of some following reasons.

It is true that the most crucial definitions of culture of any nations is its literature. Moreover, good writing skills either is an innate talent or is developed through training, of course the authors need to polish their skills and enlarge their vocabulary with some practices and life experiences. However, this section does not draw a great attention as much as of other fields like industry. Because of the lacking of supporting especially budget, the writers do not continue their career as authors and change other steady jobs. Hence, the governments should help them by giving money because literature can empower culture throughout the literature masterpieces.

Equally important, as we know, reading is the most important factor of our knowledge, as well as helping to orient our life style and characteristic. Yet with the modernization of our societies, youth prefer type of various amusements to literature and it is the main concern of the sociologists that have struggled with. So the government can subsidize authors to publish more books, especially the books of fictions since it is entertaining and immersed in easily.

On the other hand, the governments should consider carefully before deciding to sponsor literature. The writing have to ensure some criteria such as content, grammar, vocabulary, imagination or the values of art or education. For instance, if the book educate people and do not increase violence or advertising other bad behaviours, the book are valuable to be supported financially by the governments.

In conclusion, government can be sources of revenue for authors to keep their culture and create more literatures. However, there should be a government panel which consists of experts in the field to take a decision on whom to be supported.[/]
You immediately changed the prompt discussion focus in your essay. Your restatement is off topic. You are being asked about fiction writers, not about youngsters.Your restatement is inaccurate and not really accurate in representing the original prompt. However, your response to the direct question is correct and should help offset the early errors in your restatement presentation.

The essay is too long. You cannot complete 345 words in 40 minutes. Not if you want to present a perfect, error free essay to the examiner. There are about 5 errors in this essay covering grammar, conciseness, and vocabulary usage. You should have been able to review your essay for these errors and corrected them within the last 5 minutes of the test, had you written within the 290 word limit rather than presenting the equivalent of a research paper to the examiner. This is only a 4 paragraph essay, you wrote 5 paragraphs instead. Learn to identify which essays require 5 paragraphs, and which require 4 paragraphs. Base it on the discussion instructions and questions of the original prompt. These usually cover no more than 4 sections of presentation based on the 2 reasoning paragraph requirement.

Most writers of fiction do not earn enough money to live from their writing.
Do you think the government should give them financial assistance to help encourage good literature?

Home / Writing Feedback / Only a few achieve the success in literature or writing fields