'achieving personal wealth is no longer at the root of the US' -Diversity in the USA

Dream_High 1 / 2  
Diversity in the USA

The core standards of America are founded, in principle, on the basis of its diversity, equality and versatility among citizens. Beginning with its Declaration of Independence, the United States distinguished itself from other modern nation-states by establishing a country of men who were different but equal. E Pluribus Unum was originally intended to be both a representation of the union of the thirteen colonies and an expression of the United States as a country formed by immigrants of many different backgrounds. Today, in the 21st century, many things have changed drastically.

In earlier times, people forsake their homeland and moved to America for various reasons. From the first group of pilgrims that landed at Plymouth Rock, to the thousands that immigrate to America every year, they all believed in the same dream that the pilgrims had when they came to America. The American Dream that no matter what their standard, racial, religious, or social background and beliefs were they can find wealth and happiness in America. And that they always have an opportunity to work hard in order to get to a higher position in life. Moreover, America has been like a melting pot in some ways, and a tossed salad in other ways. Each immigrant brought some of his homeland's culture with him, and some parts of his culture melt with others, and some stayed intact, like all of the different pieces of a salad.

But, in the past decade Terrorism has brought many issues concerning immigration to the forefront of American concerns. Many strict laws against immigration had been passed in order to slow the waves of immigration. Furthermore, in these 10 years America has lost much, in terms of lives, treasure and reputation. Most of all, perhaps, it has lost its illusions. One, that its home territory was invulnerable, beyond the reach of hostile foreigners, vanished on that terrible Day. But then in 2008, the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression caused the disappearing of another no less cherished illusion as well: the certainty that whatever happened in the world beyond, America was a place of infinite opportunity and ever-growing prosperity. Today's generation in the USA has to start to realize that they may be the first in their country's history to not achieve the level of financial success that their parents did. Now, given the state of the economy and America's weakening global position, achieving personal wealth is no longer at the root of the American dream.

Conclusion...hmmm..
E Pluribus Unum was originally intended to be both a representation of the union of the thirteen colonies and an expression of the United States as a country, formed by immigrants of many different backgrounds.

In earlier times, people would forsake their homeland and moved to America for various reasons.

The American Dream was that no matter what their standard, racial, religious, or social background and beliefs were, they could find wealth and happiness in America.

Many strict laws against immigration have been passed in order to slow the waves of immigration.

Most of all, perhaps, it has lost its illusions.---Good sentence and I agree.

:)
OP Dream_High 1 / 2  
Thanks a lot proofreading my text :) Can you also give me some suggestion related to conculsion, please. Though I can just give a short sum up. But it will be the same fact which I have already depicted. hmmm..
I think that if the U.S. used it's power to help people more and fight less, the rest of the world would not have such animosity towards us. I believe we could get water to everyone in Africa if we wanted to badly enough, and could also go far towards relieving hunger around the world, with the technology we have today. I don't know if this has anything to do with how you might end your essay, but I am overtired just now. If I come up with any idea, I'll get back to you.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'achieving personal wealth is no longer at the root of the US' -Diversity in the USA