GRE: Adam's Realty firm is considerably superior to the Fitch's Realty firm

KMeghji 8 / 20 7  

Which Real Estate Firm is Superior?

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

RESPONSE:

The above argument deduces that the Adam's Realty firm is considerably superior to the Fitch's Realty firm. The argument however relies on certain assumptions which may or may not be realistic. The analysis of quantitative data provided can present better evidence for this purpose than the data itself.

The first assumption is that Adam's Realty has more productivity due to a higher number of employees. However, in comparison, Fitch's Realty has almost half of those employees. Many of these employees work only part-time. The argument states that with a double number of employees, Adam's Realty has earned double revenue. This ultimately reflects that both these firms have equal productivity with respect to their number of employees.

Another assumption is that a higher home sales average reflects better performance by the Adam's Realty. However, it should be noted that the difference between the revenues of the two companies, only accounts to $24,000. Considering that the Fitch's firm has only a half number of employees than the Adam's, the former seems to lead the year in home sales. From this point, it may be deduced that Fitch's firm is superior and probably more concentrated on home sales than other projects.

Also, the argument presents the evidence of a faster sale but the evidence is extremely flawed. The ten year period can help a company establish its business, increase its productivity and thus, highly affect the overall performance. It is possible that during this period the performance of Fitch's company has also improved and they would now be able to sell the house in less than a month's time and at a higher price. The home sales revenue data from the last year certainly supports the idea.

The argument seems flawed but it can be improved if the data is critically analyzed. Also, there is a need to understand that every company has a set of goals. If the Fitch's firm is focusing on home sales, then provided the data they are successful.

(Kindly provide a score on a scale of 1 to 6)
Hung Arsenal 3 / 2 3  
The ten year period can help a company establish --> to establish its business, increase its productivity and thus, highly affect the overall performance ( or you may use " in establishing its business, increasing...). It is possible that during this period the performance of Fitch's company has also improved --> could has been improved and they would now be able to sell the house in less than a month's time and at a higher price

5/6, I suppose :D

Home / Writing Feedback / GRE: Adam's Realty firm is considerably superior to the Fitch's Realty firm