Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

'adolescents should comprehend the reasons of going abroad' - Gap Year, Advantages and Disadvantages

ieltsstudent22 1 / -  
Hi, dear fellows from Essay Forum,
I have just figured out this website and, as I am studying for the IELTS, I wonder if you support me giving feedback from my texts.

- Well, if you are not used with the "IELTS Band Score", I would ask to google it.

Thank you in advance.
I.S.
-------------------
In some countries, young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words:

"Gap Year" is the term used to describe the experience of going abroad between the high school and university. Although several people consider travelling for a year a personal breakthrough, others have the view of the disadvantages it can bring. This essay outlines both perspectives, providing an overview from the possibilities.

Meeting a foreign culture is generally said as a process of understanding yourself and the world. The contact of adolescents with different people, traditions, languages and opinion allows the development of their critical view and also the deconstruction of stereotypical thinking - this contributes for achieving a better sense of world community in the future.

Professionally living abroad during the early adulthood is seen by the employers as a unique experience. The challenges of a foreigner needs to overcome permits obtaining several skills, such as leadership, communication and global outlook. Furthermore, the experience of studying or volunteering can ease the decision of defining a career path, avoiding the frustration of selection an amiss university course and providing a more sustainable professional life for the future freshmen.

On other hand, spending one year in a foreign country between high school and university is generally seen as unnecessary. The reasons for this point of view are the teenagers' lack of maturity, since they are not able to comprehend the meaning of relating with distinct cultures - for instance, one can point out the high touristic efforts from adolescents during their gap year, ignoring the real experience intentions.

In addition to it, it can also be mentioned the affordability of the year abroad. According to the destiny, the costs can reach more $15,000 dollars, an unpayable amount for several national families.

Thus, the dilemma of taking a gap year should be painstakingly solved by measuring the personal benefits and drawbacks. In each case, the adolescents should comprehend the reasons of going abroad and the way they can develop themselves at most.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'adolescents should comprehend the reasons of going abroad' - Gap Year, Advantages and Disadvantages