Nowadays with advances in technology and translation software people no longer need to learn new lan

TANJIN 7 / 6  
The advancement of technology has given enormous benefits towards world. Even in the translation of languages can be frequently observed. So some think that the learning of new languages cannot be supported, but I strongly disagree with the statement. This will discuss by analyzing both the inability of machines to translate the manner of speakers and the machines' hindrance to the translation of languages without consideration of context.

Computer's translation may not express the approach of speakers. If the speakers say in different tones like surprisingly, the machine will not be able to state the emotions of them, whereas the human being can able to understand the idea of what speakers really mean. For example , in face-to-face communication, we can understand people judging from their expressions, tones, body gestures and so on. So people should not rely on only translators. For these reason, everyone should lean new language such as English to create effective and efficient communication in age of globalization.

In addition, technology can only translate word for word without consideration of context. Although computer can do a satisfying job in scientific works, but when it comes to literature works, they cannot weigh every word according to different situations. For instant, if a poem by Shakespeare will be translated by it, so we can imagine how ridiculous the translation would be. Thus, their job cannot display the path of original works. It is because many want to learn different languages to realize the whole idea.

To conclude, the new technology is incapable to present the mode of spokesman and the context of different languages. From this it become quite evident that those software will never take the place of our human beings as a translator or an interpreter, because their ability is decided by human beings.

Hello everyone,

pls check my writing n give me ur valuable suggestion . I m going to attend IELTS next month . so my correction is urgent.
Eng Phin 6 / 14 6  
Hi Tanjin,

you should recheck your essay before you submit it on your exam, so that you can avoid misspelling such as lean (learn).
Also, take some time to check your preposition also.

Your 3rd paragraph which is the main point 2 of your essay, has a good point. However, the structure of your example quite confusing and consist of grammatical error.

For instant, if a poem by Shakespeare will be translated...
it should be:
For instance, imagine a poem written by Shakespeare are translated using translation software, the results will sound so ridiculous because of word by word system, resulting in unmeaningful sentences.

I like your structure and the words you've chosen. Good luck for the test!
OP TANJIN 7 / 6  
Hi... Eng Phin.

ur suggestion is effective . thanks again
Hi Tanjin, below are a few suggestions to enhance your essay and I would like to start from the title of your essay;

- Nowadays withThe advances in technology and translation software peopleare no longer needed to learn a new language

1st paragraph
- The advancement of technology has given us enormous benefits towards world .
- Even in the translation of languages can, this can be frequently observed.
- SoTherefore, some people think
- that the learning ofa new languages cannot be supported,should not be supported anymore,
- but I strongly disagree with thethis statement.
- This will be discussed by analyzing
- and the machines'as hindrance
- without the consideration of context.

There you have it Tanjin, I hope the above remarks are helpful to your revision and this is just the first paragraph,you can follow through and consider editing the rest of the essay yourself in order to build your editing and proof reading skills, following the examples above.

Home / Writing Feedback / Nowadays with advances in technology and translation software people no longer need to learn new lan