Advantages and diadvantages of examination

saeedmoridi 1 / -  
Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.
Do you think the educational benefits of testing outweigh any disadvantages?
Give reasons for your answer, and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Answer:
There has been always an ongoing discussion between academics about accepting grading systems as an evaluation of students' work in schools. Both those who are in favor of these systems and the ones who oppose to this matter have pointed out pros and cons of testing students, which each one would be further described in following.

It is widely believed that checking student on their performance leads to more persuasion. Indeed, in populated societies, due to competitive situation of academic and business opportunities, it is the grading system that plays a vital role in selecting people for a job, which actually it is the only possible way. For instance, student with excellent history in mathematics would be probably the most suited candidate for an accountant position or a math teacher.

Nowadays, it has been proved that test and examination put a great deal of pressure on students. Students always claim that answering a variety of questions in an allotted time decrease their performance, while they would do the test much better in a less anxious situation, like taking the test at home. The supporters of this opinion often bring out the fact that the increase in number of teenager smokers is one of the tests' side-effect, and subsequently putting it among the threats to the health of individuals.

To put things together, governments should come up with new methods to check the achievements of student, in which it lessen disadvantages of previously developed ones and idealize the selection criteria for jobs opportunities.
There has been always an ongoing discussion between academics about accepting grading systems as an evaluation criteria for theof students' work in schools.

But grading system is the already accepted criteria for evaluating students... I do not see much logic in this sentence : (

Both those who are in favor of these systems and the ones who oppose to this matter have pointed out pros and cons of testing students, which each one would be further described in following.

whom do you mean by ''Both''? You have talked about only one criteria before, i.e. the grading system. So what's the other?
You have to tell about that before this sentence, otherwise the reader would wonder who the other party is.
StephR 4 / 14 1  
For instance, a student with an excellent history in mathematics would be probably the most suited candidate for an accountant position or a math teacher.

Nowadays, it has been proved that tests and examinations put a great deal of pressure on students. Students always claim that answering a variety of questions in an allotted time decrease their performance, while they would do the test much better in a less anxious situation, like taking the test at home. The supporters of this opinion often bring out the fact that the increase in number of teenager smokers is one of the tests' side-effects , and subsequently putting it among the threats to the health of individuals.

To put things together, governments should come up with new methods to check the achievements of student, in which it lessensthe disadvantages of previously developed ones and idealizes the selection criteria for jobs opportunities.
Good corrections by StephR.

A few more suggestions;

It is widely believed that checkingjudging students on their performance leads to more persuasion(What do you mean? You mean that persuade students to do better at exams?) . Indeed, in populated societies, due to competitive situationthe competition of academic and business opportunities, it is the grading system that plays a vital role in selecting the best people for a jobfor available opportunities , which actually it is the only possible way to handle such tasks.
Alicegaga 3 / 4  
Nice work! I really like your essay ,although there are some omissions.

Home / Writing Feedback / Advantages and diadvantages of examination