[TOEFL] The advantages and disadvantages of building a large factory near community.

aoey 6 / 17 2  
TOPIC : A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community.
Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

Living near a factory or an industrial area is not a good idea. Every resident prefers a cool and pleasant community. But what if, one day, there is an announcement from a company informs that your hometown area will have a large factory. This will cause a lot of changes to your place. From my point of view, I certainly oppose to build such a factory or industrial plant near my home.

Evidently, there are several effects on people who reside in this hometown. In term of disadvantages, it will widely affect to the environment, such as air pollution, contaminated water and annoying sounds from the process of production in the factory. Some of the consequences may lead to an illness. For example, people who live in this area unavoidably take the toxic fumes from the factory every day. Sooner or later they will have problems with their respiratory system. Moreover, although water is universally realized that it has various benefits to man, consumption bad-quality water does not provide any advantage. It might be contaminated by the chemical substances from the industry. Hence, when people drink it, the adulterated things can get into their bodies. This is the one of causes to have diarrhea. All these effects will impair the quality of life.

Turning to consider the advantages in case of the rural area, the factory or a plant may give people more convenient. When their area becomes industrial, it means public utilities are more accessible. For instance, they will have better transportation. Some area will have more convenient stores. Since the number of people increase due to the employees from the factory, these alterations are to response the people's needs. However, people have to understand in that convenient lives must be exchanged with their peaceful hometown.

In summary, it seems to have more disadvantages than advantages from building a factory. Surely I am the one who does not appreciate to have a hometown surrounding with industries. Because I still want to live in a nice and cozy community and do not want anyone to make any damages on environment.
In terms of disadvantages

In term of disadvantages, it will widely affect to the environment, such as air pollution, contaminated water and annoying sounds from the process of production in the factory.

...Give more focus to the main point;
Environment pollution is what that negatively affects the lives of people in the community .

Turning to consider the advantages in case of the rural area, the factory or a plant may give people more convenience.
You need to include specific examples in body paragraphs :)
When their area becomes industrial, it means public utilities are more accessible.

.... your topic is specific to one particular factory and it does not necessarily imply that it would lead to have the area an industrial zone. So let's stay with the prompt more;

Such plant may help the development of the infrastructure of the area and that would be a positive improvement in the lives of people living in the community.

Ok, you take the position to oppose to the building a large factory. So, use each body para to give reasons to highlight why you oppose. Part of your second body paragraph talks about its benefits. That is not going to help you.
Altaa 11 / 22  
Every resident prefers a cool and pleasant community.

I would like to replace this sentence by changing to:
Everyone prefer to live in comfortable environment /neighborhood.
ggalaxy 2 / 7  
" it will widely affect to the environment "
maybe if you say " it will adversely affect the environment"
as they said ; remove "to".
your essay is fine.

Home / Writing Feedback / [TOEFL] The advantages and disadvantages of building a large factory near community.