IELTS TASK 3 (The Advantages and Disadvantages of Small Family)

maulida07 6 / 7 1  
There is an increasing trend around the world to have a small family rather than a large family.
What are some of the benefits and drawback of having small family rather than a large family?

These days, people prefer having a small family to a large family. While a small family has its financial advantages, it can actually be psychologically harmful for children.

One of the advantages of having a small family comes from economic sector because the financial costs of having a small family are lesser than a large family. A small family doesn't need to use a lot of money on meals, drinks, energy bills, and the other daily needs. The food intake in a small family isn't the same as in a large family. While a large one can cost much money on food, a smaller one can just manage small amounts of money because there are not many mouths to be satisfied with.

However, a small family can be psychologically harmful for children because of the big amount of attention and love their parents give to them. Due to the small number of children they have, parents can give more attention and love to their daughters and sons, but this can lead to another problem. Children from small families are often more spoilt than children from bigger families. They might find it harder to make friends and socialize because they are used to depend on their parents.

In short, living in a small family can be more beneficial for economic purpose but it also can harm the children's psychological conditions. I assume that if parents can teach their children correctly and properly, the drawbacks of having a small family can be avoided.
bung ilham 14 / 30  
aloha Maulida, here are my thoughts for your essay:

While a small family has its financial advantages, it ...

... because the financial costs of having a smallthe family are lesser(little--> less --> the least) than a large family. A small family doesn't(avoid contraction in an essay such as doesn't, isn't, or something like that) need to use a lot ...

The food intake in a small family isn'tis different fromthe same as in a large family.
... a smaller one can just manage small amounts of money because there are not many mouths to be satisfied with.(you'd better use more various vocabularies and stronger explanation)

However, a small family can be psychologically harmful for children(you should paraphrase this sentence to avoid repetition) because of the big amount of ...
Due to the small number of children they have[...] are used to depend on their parents.(you could use linking words to make your sentences coherent)

I hope it can be helpful
Ilmi_03 47 / 69 11  
Maulida,

These days, most people [need to stated the number of people to make it clear] prefer having a small ...

One of the advantages of having a small family comes from economic sectorPeople who argue that having a small family is beneficial concern on financial matters .

Because the financialliving costs[uncountable noun] of having a small family are lesser than in a largebig family.
A small family doesn't need to use a lot [...] not many mouths to be satisfied with.
I think it is rambling sentences and repetitions. It can be simplify:
Alternative: Few number of family members does not require a large amount of money for buying household stuff, such as meal, drink, and bills.
Then, it is better to explain what does the effect of this low of expenditure, such as people can saving money or provide a better lifestyle
aidafitria18 9 / 14 1  

... of having a small family comes fromis economic sector because the financial costs of having a small family are lesser than...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 3 (The Advantages and Disadvantages of Small Family)