Unanswered [6] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES

Writing Feedback   Posts: 4

IELTS writing task2: the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy?

shan2 2 / 4  

eco-awareness in energy industry

undefined
Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world. Why is this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of solar system?

When it comes to the power resources, fossil fuels, coal and nuclear power play the important role in today's world. However, they all have their own limitations, for instance, fossil fuels emits carbon to the atmosphere, accelerating global warming and as it is consumed, it gone forever. As for nuclear power, we are concerned about the safety issue and how to deal with the radioactive pollutions. As the result, many governments and experts start to find other alternative sources of energy.

With its renewable, abundant, sustainable qualities, solar system starts to gain its influence on the world stage. It's definitely a better energy resource compared with traditional resources. Firstly, we don't have to worry about one day the energy resource will be run out, because the sunlight is unlimited. Secondly, there are no noise impact, because there are no moving parts in the devices, which has advantages over other green-techs such as wind turbines. Lastly, the most importance is there is no contaminations and toxic chemicals to pollute the environment.

On the contrary, expensive devices, such as the solar panel on the roof and solar cell are a big amount of money for average families and governments should also plan an large budget on the constructions, like solar storage. Besides, we know that the sunlight is limited in certain time and it's alway difficult to predict nature rhythm, in this case, its intermittence also brings some inconveniences.

To sum up, with the growing of eco-awareness, i would prefer that people should expand the usage of solar system in view of the environmental friendly aspect. However, in order to promote the using of solar system, governments should give more financial support on the basic constructions at the same time.

oshoapollo 1 / 2 1  
solar system starts to has started to ...

worry about one day the energy resource will be run out - the energy source being exhausted

there are is no noise impact- pollution, maybe?

green-techs - consider using the full word, technology

a* large budget on construction
Holt [Contributor] - / 6,897 1718  
Liang, this is a Task 2 essay. It is not a direct question essay. Therefore, you are not to be discussing the prompt you were provided in the first paragraph. The first paragraph is meant to be proof of your English comprehension skills. This is done by having you restate the original prompt in your own words. That way, the examiner can judge if you have the ability to understand simple English instructions which you will be following as a university student in your university of choice. Therefore, the correct presentation for your first paragraph is:

Alternative energy sources such as solar energy are gaining ground as a residential power source on a global scale. In this essay, I shall be discussing the reasons behind this rise in solar energy popularity. I will also compare the advantages and disadvantages of solar power use.

3 sentences explaining the original prompt in your own words is sufficient this time around although normally, this is a 5 sentence presentation. 5 sentences being the maximum sentence count per paragraph, with 3 being the minimum. Additionally, you also need to present a 5 paragraph discussion for a given prompt in the Task 2 test. Only the Task 1 essay is completed in 4 paragraphs.

Each paragraph needs to discuss only 1 reason per paragraph. That is because the C&C score is based upon your ability to completely explain yourself in 5 sentences. Therefore, you need to spread out the reasons within the allotted 3 paragraphs with one reason each. The format being:

1. Topic sentence
2. Reason 1
3. Explanation
4. Example
5. Transition sentence

You could use 2 paragraphs for the discussion that you feel should be more dominant in the essay. So you should have used 2 paragraphs for the supporting discussion and one for the opposing discussion. Or, the third paragraph can sometimes represent a personal opinion regarding the topic. The final paragraph will then be used as the summary explanation for your overall presentation. This will summarize the topic for discussion, then close with a short discussion of the provided reasons and examples. It should also reiterate your personal opinion whenever required. These are what will comprise a properly written and appropriate Task 2 essay discussion for any topic provided.
OP shan2 2 / 4  
@oshoapollo
Thanks for your helping

Thanks for such detailed information. It's really helpful.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task2: the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy?