IELTS - What are the advantages and disadvantages of text message and email?

freethinkerr 1 / -  
Technology has improved in leaps and bounds over the past few decades. It has changed our lives a lot and in different ways. New technologies such as text messages and emails give us new opportunities to communicate and maintain good relationships with people from all over the world. In this essay, I will discuss about the advantages as well as the disadvantages which these technologies bring to us.

First of all, text messages and email have enabled us to communicate effectively with others. Whereas it used to take days or weeks for a letter to be received, now it is almost instantaneous. This advantage has enabled human to communicate more effectively and frequently which in turn bring good impact to other aspects of life. For example, people now can do business with people from all over the world. As a result, it improves our standards of lives.

On the other hand, with this blessing comes a curse: there are less and less personal interactions between people. It is a matter of fact that human needs social interactions. With the advent of these technologies, the chances for human to interact face to face are replaced by short and blunt messages. The communication ability that human have now is the result of hundreds thousands of years of evolution, but all it takes is a few decades of technology advancement to put us back to the start point.

To sum up, it is a double edged sword. It can benefit and harm us depending on how we use it. The bottom line is we must be able to get the benefits and eliminate the harms that these technologies yield.
In this essay, I will discuss about the advantages as well as the disadvantages which these technologies bring to us.

.... This is what your prompt requests from you, so the reader expects you to do that. Therefore I feel this sentence does not add much value to your essay. However, you could have said that idea a bit differently not disturbing its flow;

However, there are these new technologies have both advantages and disadvantages.
It seems you have very good writing skills. This essay too is written very well. Wish you good luck with IELTS!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - What are the advantages and disadvantages of text message and email?