IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Are there more advantages or disadvantages to visiting new places?

La Baso 15 / 22  
***Some people like to travel to somewhere new and different when they go on holiday, while others prefer familiar places.
Do you think there are more advantages or disadvantages to visiting new places?***

Travelling is a process of getting one place to another. Moreover, there is popular saying, "the world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page". For this reason, nowadays, many societies have some destinations to be visited. Although many people favour go to the same places all the times due to avoiding culture shock, I believe that visiting some novel and different places have many benefits such as experience many cultures and meet different locals.

Regarding to choose familiar destinations, some travelers believe that it is the best way to avoid culture shock. Every area has different culture which means more they visit other situations, more visitors get unexpected things. Taking Japan as an example, someone who plans to go to the country without some experiences may be reputed as impolite person if he does not crooked when meet the natives or difficult to find right cuisine agreeable due to locals have many uncooked foods. Thus, for this reason, many travel-makers decide to visit similar places to get rid of culture shock.

However, although this above notion aim to keep clear from complicated position, I strongly believe that there are many merits if travelers visit new and different locations. Firstly, they experience many cultures. Although feel shock culture firstly, however; they understand how to respect other cultures. Hence, they are more open-minded. Not only this, due to interacting with different locals, they become more tolerant as a result of their travel experiences. In addition, because of trying out many inhabitants cuisines, it could influence the way travelers cook or improve their cooking. Hence, visiting novel and different destinations, travel-makers come up with several advantages.

In conclusion, although some visitors decide to go in the same areas to avoid difficult conditions, I believe that people who are more visit novel and different places more experience many positive benefits.
LaPolo11 12 / 28  
Travelling is a process of getting one place to another. Moreover, there is popular saying, "the world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page". For this reason, nowadays, many societies have some destinations to be visited.

yous sentence is a bit complicated, it is better if you create a simple and understanable for readers.
this is my alternative.:
Travelling is an activity of making journeys. Moreover, it is emphazised by a wiseword that the world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. Thus,

word :nowadays is unnecessary word since there is no in the question

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Are there more advantages or disadvantages to visiting new places?