IELTS- Advertisement encourages consumers to buy in bulk, instead of high quality

SKhan 2 / 5  
Advertisement plays a major role in our day to day shopping of different products. It helps to create awareness among people of any brand, product, their offers and latest updates. Sometimes it motivate people to buy more of the product which results buying in bulk instead of considering quality.

Sometimes the products are advertised with the offers which attracts the consumers. for instance the advertisement of shampoo with 'buy one get one free' offer attracts the consumer to buy in bulk, even if they are not really in need of it. It results in increase of that particular product, knowing with the fact that the product may lose its quality by the time it is used.

The advertisers also hires public figures or national heroes to attract more people. For instance, famous cricketers in the advertisement of pepsi attracts more people to buy this drink. Aware of the fact that fizzy drinks are unhealthy, people blindly buy these fizzy drinks; Especially the cricket fans and the young generation of the society are more attracted.

In addition, advertisements shows special features of the product which convince the consumer to buy that product. We can take the example of the advertisement of toothpaste showing clove in the toothpaste to relieve pain will convince more people to buy that particular tooth paste than the other. The consumer will not consider the quality of the toothpaste, but they will go for the additional feature of the product.

To conclude, advertisements should include the detailed information of their product, so that the consumer don't just buy them in bulk but also consider the quality. In this way, advertisements might help in the correct choice of the items and build up a healthier society.
merveille2011 1 / 4 1  
this is a very interesting topic. try to give more example if you can. ( I like your topic)
Advertisement plays a major role

... I feel the postive form sounds better;
Advertisements play a major role

Sometimes it motivates people to buy more of the product which results buying in bulk instead of considering quality.

Sometimes they motivate people to purchase products beyond their real requirements such as buying in bulk volumes when there are promotions and discounts. In such events, people tend to give a lower consideration for the quality of products they purchase.

Aware of the fact that fizzy drinks are unhealthy, people blindly buy these fizzy drinks

I wish you said this idea a little bit differently;
These advertisments influence the fans of those famous cricketers to consume such fizzy drinks irrespective of their unhealthy effects.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- Advertisement encourages consumers to buy in bulk, instead of high quality