Advertisement response - Letter ielts general training

Tejalnsoni 1 / -  

Reply for the advertisement in regard of the scholarship

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing in response to an advertisement that appeared today in the newspaper for an advance excel training course with NIIT starting from 1st June 2018 onwards. I would be grateful if you could permit me to take up this training and help me in getting a scholarship from the company for this course.

Firstly, let me provide you with details of the course, the course mentioned is an advanced excel course which will help me to perform my daily tasks efficiently and will also save a lot of time and effort to accomplish the same given task. Secondly, the course includes hands-on experience on creating MIS reports by using pivot tables and graphs which is the need of the hour, as we are struggling with a lot of reporting issues, hence this course might turn out to be a big-time saviour.

Finally, to take up this course, I would require company's support in the form of scholarship or sponsorship. The course fees are Rs. 5000/- only which can be utilised from our allocated yearly budget towards employee development. I would be highly obliged to get a positive response in this regards.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully,
Tejal, your essay is confusing to read. If you are writing in response to an advertisement, then that means that you are writing to NIIT and not a representative of your company. That being the case, the overall content of your letter is wrong. The proper opening paragraph for this letter should be:

Dear Sir,
I am writing to you regarding a unique opportunity that appeared in today's issue of the Times newspaper. It appears that the NIIT will be offering an Excel training course beginning the 1st of June this year. Since this training is directly in line with my current work duties and responsibilities, I am seeking the company's support in attending the training by requesting that an allocation of Rs 500 be allotted from the employee development fund to cover my training fees.

From that point on, you can add a second simple paragraph informing about the training program and how it will be used in your current role as an employee of the company. Then a third paragraph, highlighting your interest in the course and your hope for sponsorship should be written to close the letter.

Home / Writing Feedback / Advertisement response - Letter ielts general training