should all the advertisements be banned?---IELTS

annie890714 1 / 1  
Thanks very much for your help^_^

Never in history was advertising industry so developed as in modern society and it has led to some adverse sentiments in public because some deliver exaggerated and fake information. Hence whether we should ban all the advertisements or not has aroused much controversy of the public. My view is that while some of them are disturbing, we can not overlook other merits the advertisements bring.

First, it is unfair to restrict those public service advertisements which are creative and inspiring. In fact, they are not in the purpose of making profits but taking a role of disseminating valued culture, good moral traits and calling for helps for the disabled and the poor.

Besides, it is obvious that publicizing brand image or a particular product of mass media could boost sales for companies. In a larger sense, it could simulate household spending and therefore promote the economic development of the whole country. A recent study shows that after launching an advertising campaign, the sales revenue would increase by 40%, which is the very fact to verify its positive influences on economic.

That is not to say, however, that advertisements have no downsides. Of course, the advertising expenses lead to a higher product price and some of them express fake information, creating information asymmetry between consumers and companies. Yet, its merits still outweigh these downsides.

Taken all together, advertisements have its social responsibility and contribute to economic growth. We can not deny all of them. However, if those with exaggerated and fake information could be banned, advertisements would be welcomed by more.
amrosca 4 / 130  
Hei Annie! :D

Never before in history was the advertising industry so developed as in modern society.andI t has led however to some adverse sentiments in public because of some deliver exaggerated and fake information it has delivered . Hence whether we should ban all the advertisements or not has aroused much controversy of(in) the public . My view on this is that while some of them are disturbing, we can not overlook other merits the advertisements bring.

First, it is unfair to restrict those public service advertisements whichthat are creative and inspiring. In fact, they are not in the purpose of making profits, but taking a role of disseminating valued culture, good moral traits and calling for helps for the disabled and the poor. (I find Jack Daniel's ads creative and especially inspiring even though the company tries to make profit without disseminating valued culture or good moral traits. Just saying ...)

[...] A recent study shows that after launching an advertising campaign, the sales revenue would increase by 40%, which is the very fact to verify(why we should consider) its positive influences on economicy . [ -- very good point!]

Your essay definitely has a superb structure. Congratulations on your wonderful English! :D
OP annie890714 1 / 1  
Thank you very much. Your suggestions are indeed very helpful. ^_^
I'll pick up where Ana left off:
That is not to say, however, that advertisements have no downsides. Of course, the advertising...--Oh, I don't see any errors to correct!

Taken all together, advertisements have its their place in society and contribute to economic growth. --I just had to make a small change here.

You never have to write "can not." It's better to write them as one word: cannot

Ana is right: Your English is great. I hope you have time to help a few other essayists at EssayForum! :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / should all the advertisements be banned?---IELTS